For the Lucky version, see Lucky divine spirit shield.
|Release date||15 September 2008 (Update)|
|High Alch||1,200,000 coins|
|Low Alch||800,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||56,446,787 coins (info)|
|Examine||An ethereal shield with a divine sigil attached to it.|
The Divine spirit shield is a melee shield. It requires 75 Defence and 75 Prayer to wield. Players with 90 Prayer and 85 Smithing can attach a Divine sigil to a Blessed spirit shield to make a Divine spirit shield, granting 1800 Smithing experience. In addition, you must have completed Summer's End to make or wear the divine spirit shield. Alternately, you can ask Brother Bordiss to attach it for 1,500,000 coins after completing Perils of Ice Mountain.
A player wielding a divine spirit shield
|[view] • [talk]|
Like the Elysian and Arcane spirit shields, the Divine spirit shield reduces all incoming damage by 30%, and 6% of the original damage dealt is drained from prayer points. For example, a hit of 2,000 would be reduced to 1,400 and 120 prayer points would be drained. This effect only works if the player has adequate prayer points.
- On 1 February 2010, the Spirit shields' appearances were changed to match their inventory pictures. The Divine spirit shield's colour was changed to a more vibrant green. Previously the Arcane spirit shield and Divine spirit shield were close to the same pale shade of green.
- The Divine spirit shield was the first non-discontinued item to reach a Grand Exchange price of higher than 1 billion coins.
- Divine refers to things which come from a supernatural power or deity, such as a god, being sacred or holy.
- The sigil itself is a green colour when not attached to a blessed spirit shield, however when a divine sigil is attached to a blessed spirit shield the shield is tinted green and the sigil fades out to white. This gives the appearance of the power of the sigil flowing into the shield.
- It is highly recommended to use this shield with a prayer-restore item, such as Prayer Restore potions or the aura Penance if in such combat situations that contains monsters hitting 800+ on you.
Spirit shields and sigils
|Lucky spirit shields|
Holy book(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Book of balance(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Unholy book(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Ancient book(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Book of law(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Book of war(+2) (Illuminated(+4))
Citharede symbol(+4) • Holy symbol(+8) • Unholy symbol(+8) • Amulet of power(+1) • Amulet of glory(+2) • Salve amulet (e)(+3) • Amulet of fury(+3) • Split dragontooth necklace(+4) • Stole(+4) • Twisted bird skull necklace(+3) • Demon horn necklace(+5) • Amulet of zealots(-5) • Desert amulet 2(+1)-3(+2)-4(+3)
White equipment • Crozier(+6) • Maces • Toktz-mej-tal(+5) • Silver sickle (b)(+5) • Wolfbane(+5) • Ivandis flail(+5) • Godswords(+4) • Granite mace(+4) • Saradomin sword(+2) • Zamorakian spear(+2) • Enhanced ancient staff(+2)
(+) Prayer bonus