|Start point||Arrav in Varrock Castle|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
Numbers in parentheses indicate chat options to be selected.
- Talk to Arrav to start the quest.
Preparing the jarEdit
- Cut a tree to get logs.
- Go to the zombie cow pen south-east of the eastern bank, kill 11 undead cows, and collect 11 raw undead beef.
- Talk to Ernie upstairs in a pottery building south of the east bank in New Varrock to get a decorated cooking urn. Make sure you don't have an active one in your bank back in the real dimension.
- Light the logs inside Ernie's house and cook the meat.
- Teleport the urn to him or use it on him.
- Talk to Ernie to get an empty canopic jar.
- Stop at Aubury's for runes 1 cosmic and 10 earth runes.
- Optional: sell the cooked meat to the general store.
- Buy a diamond from Urist Loric in New Varrock square and cut it.
- Optional: buy the 3 other gems, cut them, and sell for more Zemomark's than purchase price.
- Buy gold ore from Sani at the furnace.
- Smelt the ore, then use the cut diamond and gold bar on the furnace to make a diamond ring.
- Enchant the diamond ring to get a ring of life (1 cosmic, 10 earth runes and have standard magic book active).
- If you don't already have one, buy a watering can at the general store in New Varrock Square and fill it up.
- Replay: Not needed if you saved vial of purple mist.
- Go to the church in north-east of New Varrock, pray at the altar (switch to standard prayers if offered the choice).
- Activate Ultimate Strength, Eagle Eye, Rapid Restore, Protect from Summoning, and Mystic Might then talk to Father Lawrence.
- Speak with Father Lawrence once more to obtain the sacred oil.
- If you have the vial of red mist, go to the south-eastern corner of the ground floor in Zemouregal's castle, pass through the north red barrier.
- Search the corpse of Ambassador Ferrnook to obtain dwellberries.
- Add the sacred oil, ring of life, and dwellberries to the canopic jar and make a prepared canopic jar.
- If you accidently eat the dwellberries, simply search the corpse again.
Obtaining the heartEdit
Making the mists
- Talk to Arrav. (Replay: If you kept the dyes/mists, skip ahead to taking the heart after this).
- Get two vials from the easternmost room and fill them with water.
- Talk to Ellamaria in the south-easternmost room to get Delphinium seeds.
- Rake the Delphinium patch that's east of Arrav in the courtyard and plant the seeds, then take the watering can to the south and water the patch.
- Once the Delphiniums are fully grown, pick a Delphinium flower.
- Buy an onion from Xuan north-west of the fountain.
- Talk to Thessalia and have her make a yellow dye and a blue dye.
- If you don't have three total vials of red mist in your inventory, then collect these now.
- Use the yellow and blue dyes on separate vials of red mist to get a vial of orange mist and a vial of purple mist.
- Go back to the New Varrock castle and enter the north-west room (orange barrier) on the ground floor and search the desk to get a code key.
- Go up one floor (south-east corner) by the armoured zombies. (Replay: If you kept the dyes/mists, skip to this step.)
- In the south-eastern room, search the crate of decoder strips to get decoder strips if you don't have them or can't remember the combination. (Replay: Skip this step if you kept the decoder strips or you remember the combination.)
Taking the heart
- Enter the north-easternmost room (purple barrier) and search the footlocker, near the bed, to get a vault key.
- Head to the south-easternmost staircase, unlock the large vault door and enter the room.
- Before proceeding across the light beams, it is highly recommended that you deface the 3 paintings on the north wall of this room to complete the "Bank-Z" task. If you don't do it now, you need to replay all 4 New Varrock quests in order to complete this New Varrock Task.
- Equip the mith crossbow and mith grapple, grapple the chandelier on the ceiling to cross the beams of light.
- Now fill in the code using the decoding strips and the code you got from Zemouregal's desk to unlock the door (the code is random for everyone). (Replay: The old code is displayed in chatbox - but the final combination is the same every time. Despite the warning, you don't need the strips.)
- Enter the vault and search the pedestal to obtain the heart of Arrav.
- Return to Arrav and talk to him.
- Go to the Museum in east New Varrock.
- Press the big red button (near the rock remains) to distract Orlando Smith (choose any option).
- Pickpocket the key from Curator Haig Halen
- Then take the shield of Arrav from the display case.
- Head back to Arrav and talk to him to give him the shield and Darklight.
- Open the throne room door (behind Arrav) and enter the room by pressing OK
- Talk to Sharathteerk.
- Defeat Sharathteerk (1 or 2).
- Pick-up the healing orb to heal yourself back to full-health.
- Go up the north-east stairs.
- Defeat Zemouregal (Replay: You can choose to skip the fight if you've purchased this option from Gypsy Aris' Reward Shop.)
- Before finishing him, it is highly recommended that you lure five cows to him in order to complete The Moo-er of All Bombs task. If you don't do it now, you need to replay all 4 New Varrock quests in order to complete this New Varrock Task.
- Final cutscene.
If you need help with these boss fights refer to the full quest guide here.
Complete main questEdit
- Be sure to talk to Gypsy Aris and complete the main quest to earn your silver pennies.
Back to beginningEdit
|Final subquest of Dimension of Disaster|
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|