|Release||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||124,800 coins|
|Low alch||83,200 coins|
|Exchange||772,873 coins (info)|
|Examine||Dharok the Wretched's greataxe.|
If Dharok's Greataxe is wielded along with all of the other pieces of equipment in Dharok's barrows set, a special effect occurs called "Dharok's Might". Attacks can deal more damage as the wielder's life points decrease, up to double damage at 10% life points. This weapon has the attack speed of a Two-handed sword. If life points are intentionally kept very low, full Dharok's does more damage per second than even Chaotic weaponry (albeit at lower accuracy), making it an effective, yet expensive, training weapon. Despite the fact that it is an axe, it is similar bonus-wise to a 2-handed sword because of its very high damage output per hit and slashing impact. It is therefore highly useful in disposing monsters weak to slash attacks, such as fire giants and even abyssal demons.
Dharok's greataxe can only be traded when undamaged or fully broken.
|70 , 70||100,000 charges|
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
| Costs to repair|
|NPC||POH armour stand|
|Level 1 Smithing||Level 99 Smithing|
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.|
template = Barrows repair/calc form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = price|price|300000|hidden|
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||23.0%|
|1 × Undead components||Not 100%|
- Dharok's greataxe has received two graphical updates in total. During the first update, the greataxe varied between being held over the shoulder and being held with both hands when equipped.
- The Local Thug who takes the place of Lucien after While Guthix Sleeps seems to be wielding the old version of this axe.
- There appears to be a blue, rune-coloured Dharok's Greataxe at 0:25 in the "Vote YES/NO/I DON'T CARE, RuneScape Free Trade & the Wilderness" video on the RuneScape official Youtube channel. It appears that the blue axe is wielded by Cow1337killr, who held a similar weapon during a cutscene from Animal Magnetism.
Two-handed slash weapons