|Abilities||+1 Mining level (through conversation), Burrow|
|Special moves||Electric Lash|
|Examine text||Surprisingly slime-free.|
- Combat: it has a combat level of 22 and can hit up to 45 damage. Additionally, its Electric Lash scroll can hit a max of 50 damage.
- Mining: it provides an invisible mining boost of 1 point. This ability makes the Desert wyrm fairly popular among low levelled miners. However, this bonus does not help mining rocks above your real level.
- Burrow: it will tunnel underground and drop an ore up to Iron on the ground. This is a special right-click ability and thus drains Summoning points each time it is used. It can only be used near a Mining rock. This can prove useful for higher level miners when mining iron at a spot where only two rocks surround them, as they can mine the two rocks very quickly, then right click the wyrm and select burrow before the next rock respawns. It should be noted that there must also be a nearby iron rock which the player doesn't mine. Otherwise burrow will not work, or the wyrm may bring up tin or copper from other rocks. A great place to do this is at the iron rocks near the small obelisk in the Port Khazard mine, depositing ores in the deposit box to the east. A player can gather from 300 to 400 iron ores using one desert wyrm pouch.
Desert wyrm pouchEdit
|45 ( 1,125)|| 38.1|
|Bucket of sand|
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||1,188|
|I can summon a desert wyrm familiar with this.|
Desert Wyrm pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 45 spirit shards, a green charm and a bucket of sand in the inventory. Making the pouch earns 31.2 experience points. Using the pouch to summon a Desert wyrm gains 0.4 experience points, and costs 1 Summoning points. If players exchange their Desert Wyrm pouches at Bogrog, they will receive 32 spirit shards per pouch.
One of these pouches is required to progress through the Spirit of Summer quest. The player must summon the familiar and add it to the second disc.
Electric lash scrollEdit
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|61 coins||92 coins||45 coins (info)|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||2 (50)||28|
|A scroll for a desert wyrm familiar.|
Electric Lash scroll enables the use of the electric lash special move for a Desert wyrm. Using the pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates 10 scrolls.
Electric lash is the special move for Desert wyrms, which attacks the player's opponent inflicting up to 50 LP damage instead of 40 LP damage. Activating this move will cost the player 6 special move points.
|This article on a Summoning familiar has an associated dialogue page.|
Click here for a transcript of possible conversations with this familiar.
- Its conversations are references to the British trade unions which will often go on strike. More accurately, it refers to the Scottish trade unions who saw most of their employment opportunities destroyed during the Age of Thatcherism
- This familiar is used in Spirit of Summer to defeat the Spirit Beast.