|Start point:||Enter the lowest level of the Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon (use walkthrough to get there)|
|Requirements:||Completed Smoking Kills. 70 Slayer to defeat hardest boss; lower for others. 43 Prayer (highly recommended), 50 Magic (highly recommended)|
|Items required:||Items from the toolbelt do not need to be listed unless that version won't work, or aren't automatically added to it. |
One of the following: Full slayer helmet (best option), Slayer helmet, Masked earmuffs or Facemask
Items recommended: See Equipment
|Enemies to defeat:||Monstrous cave crawler (level 138), Basilisk boss (level 138), Mightiest turoth (level 138), Kurask overlord (level 138)|
Warning: The dungeon is full of smoke and players must wear a smoke protection item (like a Facemask, Masked earmuffs or Slayer helmet) or they will periodically suffer damage from the smoke. A Full slayer helmet is most recommended, as it provides protection from the smoke and from the effects of some slayer monsters in the dungeon.
- Take the entry from the well in Pollnivneach.
- Take the north corridor leading to the Mighty banshees.
- Go to either the east or west of the Mighty banshee area which leads to rooms guarded off by a mystic barrier.
- Pass the barrier and go down the stairs to enter the dungeon.
There are four rooms, guarded by shields. The monsters can be attacked in any order. Each boss kill earns 1,000 Slayer experience. See the bosses section below for description of each monster. Each time you kill a boss, you need to climb back up the stairs and enter another portal. It is recommended to turn on your protection prayers and drink your potions before starting the fight.
Recommended order and methodEdit
See below for list of bosses.
- 1. Mightiest turoth (SW - bottom left barrier): Use Slayer dart and Protect from Melee prayer. Ignore the minions.
- 2. Kurask overlord (NW - top left barrier): Use same strategy as above. If you do choose to use melee, do not forget to bring a leaf-bladed spear or sword.
- 3. Basilisk boss (SE - bottom right barrier): Use melee and wield the Mirror shield. Take a dose of the Super strength potion and Super attack potion or a Combat potion. Use Protect from Magic prayer. Also watch your stats as they will be drained with each attack. Bring a Restore potion.
- 4. Monstrous cave crawler (NE - top right barrier): Use melee and Protect from Ranged prayer. It will poison badly but anti-poison potions will be ineffective against it, since your poison immunity will be lessened with each attack (approx 2-3 attacks will negate a super anti-poison potion). Eat food when necessary. An Anti-Poison Totem will NOT work against this poison.
Boss Combat level Slayer level required Strategy Monstrous cave crawler 138 10 Use Protect from Range. Normal melee combat is good. It will poison badly but anti-poison potions will be ineffective against it, since your poison immunity will be lessened with each attack (approx 2-3 attacks will negate a super anti-poison potion). A Poison purge aura is very effective here. Basilisk boss 138 40 Protect from Magic and melee works. You will need a restore potion or super restore potion as it reduces your stats as you fight it. Remember to bring your Mirror shield. Mightiest turoth 138 55 Protect from Melee and magic dart works. There are safe spots, beware of the swarms. Kurask overlord 138 70 Use Protect from Melee and attack with magic dart. There are safe spots, but beware of the minions!
- 4,000 Slayer experience (1,000 experience after every boss kill, with four boss monsters to kill)
- If you kill a boss during their respective assignment, it counts as a kill, however no extra slayer experience is given.
- Ability to enter four rooms, each room filled a certain creature:
- Having killed all four bosses is a requirement needed to get a trimmed Completionist cape.
- Headslot: Full slayer helmet, Slayer helmet, Masked earmuffs, Facemask (one is required)
- Cape: Ardougne cloak 3, God cape, Fire cape, Ava's accumulator
- Neckwear: Amulet of fury, Amulet of glory, Amulet of power, Amulet of ranging (if ranging)
- Weapon: Staff of light (if maging), Slayer staff (if maging), Dragon scimitar, Rune crossbow (if ranging)
- Shield: Mirror shield
- Body: Splitbark body, Infinity top, Ahrim's robetop, Mystic robe top, Karil's top (if ranging)
- Legs: Splitbark legs, Infinity bottoms, Ahrim's robeskirt, Mystic robe bottom, Karil's skirt (if ranging)
- Gloves: Gloves (barrows), Mystic gloves, Mercenary's gloves (if ranging)
- Boots: Splitbark boots, Rock climbing boots, Mystic boots
- Ring: Fremennik rings (of your attack style), Beacon ring or Ring of life
- One-click teleport might be useful in case prayer runs out (teletabs, ectophial, etc.)
- Super strength potion, Super defence potion, and Super attack potion are useful
- Two Prayer potions
- About 100 Death runes and 400 Mind Runes, but recommended you take more
- A few lobsters, monkfish or higher (will not be needed if you use prayer, but take for precaution)
- It is also recommended to bring a familiar since the area is multicombat.