|Location||South of the Kharidian Bandit Camp.|
|Rocks|| 28 Granite rocks |
32 Sandstone rocks
4 Clay rocks
2 Coal rocks
|Main music||Unknown edit|
|Location on World Map|
|Desert Quarry Hunter area|
The quarry features in the Enakhra's Lament quest, as both sandstone and granite are used in the quest, which occurs next to the quarry. It is also a popular place to train Mining since it is the only place that has granite rocks, which are excellent for power-training.
After completion of the elite desert tasks, Aligra Nite and his camel Mostafa the Camel will purchase granite of all sizes from the player, at 1/5th of their Grand Exchange prices. This is a quick way to clear an inventory if power-mining granite for experience.
It is possible, albeit inconvenient, to walk to the quarry from Shantay Pass, due to its distance. There are at least three quicker ways to get there:
- After completing Enakhra's Lament, players can use the Camulet to teleport to Enakhra's Temple, which is very near the quarry. The temple's western exit is perhaps the most convenient for granite mining. The Camulet is by a wide margin the quickest way to get to the quarry.
- Players who have completed Desert Treasure can use the Bandit Camp lodestone teleport, then run southwest.
- Players can use a Bandit Camp teleport scroll to teleport to the centre of the Bandit Camp and walk south to the quarry.
- Players can use a Pharaoh's sceptre to teleport to Jaldraocht and walk to the quarry.
- Players can use Magic carpets to fly to the Bedabin Camp, Pollnivneach, or Sophanem and then walk to the quarry.
- Players with sufficient Slayer ability to have Slayer rings can teleport to Pollnivneach and then walk to the quarry.
- The Broomstick (after completing Swept Away) is useful should players choose to bank their granite.
Note that desert heat can affect players walking through the desert or staying in the quarry. (Prior to January 2007, no water was required in the quarry. This was changed most likely to reduce macros.) Desert heat can be avoided if a player has Waterskins in inventory or is wearing an Enchanted water tiara. Alternatively, using a Regen bracelet and Desert robes will keep the player from losing any health.
This quarry contains 28 Granite rocks that when mined, either give a 500g, 2 kg, or 5 kg piece. This requires 45 Mining. 32 Sandstone rocks are also located here. Like Granite, they give 1 kg, 2 kg, 5 kg or 10 kg pieces at random. These require 35 Mining. The only other ores here are 2 Coal rocks, which require 30 Mining and 4 Clay rocks which don't have a mining requirement.
For a longer stay, players should complete the Enakhra's Lament quest, as it allows access to the fountain featured during the quest, which can be used to refill waterskins. It is also recommended to bring at least three waterskins, for a longer mining trip. For this method to work, players would either have to drop their mined ores, have their Camulet, or some other teleport to bank with.
|Part of the Mahjarrat quest series|