|Release date||11 April 2005 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||The Golem|
|Location||North-west of the Ruins of Uzer|
|Examine|| Definitely not a chicken.|
The Desert Phoenix is a bird that can be found flying along the west bank of the River Elid in the Kharidian Desert, north of the bridge to the Dominion Tower and the northeastern part of the desert. It is located in the area where the river flows through a small gorge. The phoenix can be plucked to retrieve a phoenix feather, which is a component in Super antifire potions. Requires level 25 Thieving to pluck a feather. Stealing a feather grants a player 26 Thieving experience.
During The Golem quest, players must steal one of its feathers and use it with Black mushroom ink to create a phoenix quill pen. Before completing the quest, it is only possible to collect one Phoenix feather at a time.
One way to get to the phoenix quickly is to use Fairy Ring code DLQ (after Fairy Tale III or Fairy Tale II with a Lunar Staff) and run northwest, cross the bridge near the Dominion Tower, and run a short distance north from there. Another method is to use the broomstick teleport from Swept Away, banking at Shantay pass bank chest and running directly east out of the gate. This method can produce 800-1200 feathers per hour. The Dominion Tower on the right of the bridge can be used to bank making it the closest bank, but a combat level of 110 is required to access it.
After completion of the elite Desert Tasks, players retrieve two feathers instead of one when plucking the phoenix. The desert amulet 4 does not need to be equipped in order to retrieve more than one feather.
- Enchanted water tiara: The enchanted water tiara provides an unlimited source of water inside the Kharidian Desert, protecting you from desert heat. However, higher-level players will likely bank frequently enough that the bank's healing aura will suffice.
- Desert amulet 4: Gives two feathers instead of one.
- Ardougne cloak 3/4: The Ardougne cape 3/4 grants a boost to the chance of stealing feathers.
- Gloves of silence: Like the Ardougne capes, Gloves of Silence grant a boost to the chance of stealing feathers.
- Desert Clothing: Helps reduce the need for water from desert heat.
- Five-finger discount aura: Like the Ardougne capes, Five-finger discount grants a boost to the chance of stealing feathers.
- Beast of Burden: Increases the amount of feathers the player can steal before they need to bank.
- Trahaearn exoskeleton set: A 25% chance to avoid being stunned and damaged when plucking the Desert Phoenix
- Sign of the porter: Will automatically send stolen phoenix feathers straight to your bank.
- Until 1 November 2011 the desert phoenix could be found wandering near the clay mine north of Uzer.
- The examine text of the desert phoenix could possibly be referring to the examine text of a chicken: Yep, definitely a chicken.
|Related to the Desert quest series|