|Location||South of Al-Kharid|
3 Iron rocks
4 Coal rocks
4 Copper rocks
4 Tin rocks
4 Tin rocks
5 Mithril rocks
6 Adamantite rocks
|Location on World Map|
|Bedabin Camp||←||Desert Mining Camp||→||Pollnivneach|
You can reach the camp by walking south from Shantay Pass. It is free to enter the desert as of 2012.
Alternative routes to the camp include:
- Using a camulet to teleport to Enakhra's Temple, exiting the temple, and then walking north to the camp. The camulet is a reward of the Enakhra's Lament quest.
- Using a Pharaoh's sceptre to teleport to Jaldraocht Pyramid (a.k.a. Azzanadra's pyramid or just "the Pyramid" as it is marked on the world map) and walking north to the camp. The sceptre can be purchased on the Grand Exchange or obtained from the Pyramid Plunder activity.
- Using a Slayer ring to teleport to Sumona in Pollnivneach and then walking west to the camp. The ring can be obtained from Slayer Masters after the Smoking Kills quest.
When travelling the desert to the camp, players are advised to bring a water source, or special items such as the Tome of Frost, to avoid the effects of desert heat. Once inside the camp (including the underground mines), water is not needed.
The surface campEdit
Inside the camp is a camel cart, a winch, the entrance to the underground mines, and a building that is the headquarters of Captain Siad. Siad's office has a chest and bookcases. If you search the table Siad is sitting at, you find a cell door key, which opens the door to the prison cell on the ground floor. If you are thrown in the cell and do not have the key, you can still escape by bending the bars on the window and climbing down rocks into the desert. All these items play a role in Tourist Trap.
After the quest, searching Siad's table will give you all three keys from the quest: the cell door key, the metal key, and the Wrought iron key. Siad's headquarters contains spawns for a Bowl of water, a Beer, a Jug of wine, and some Papyrus.
The surface mines have rocks containing:
The underground minesEditFurther mines can be accessed by going down the ladder in the camp. The mine is rich in both mithril and adamantite rocks, though there are not any nearby banks or furnaces, so it is not a practical place to mine.
More guards, female slaves, and male slaves are found throughout the mines. Rowdy slaves appear in two places and will attack you if you attempt to talk to them. If you kill a rowdy slave, he drops a slave shirt, a slave robe, and slave boots, which you can use to access the deeper parts of the mines.
Most of the ore rocks in the mines cannot be mined (have no ore present), except for ones in the very deepest parts of the mine.
The underground mines have rocks containing:
- Two guards. In Tourist Trap, they watch the mine cave that goes deeper in to the mines and must be bribed to let you pass. Afterwards, the guards ignore you.
- A "mine cave" to the middle mines. You cannot use this passageway unless you are wearing a slave shirt, a slave robe. Slave boots are NOT required after quest.
- Winch lift to the surface, with some full and empty mining barrels nearby. You can take one empty barrel by searching it (you cannot take more than one at a time). The lift and barrels are used in Tourist Trap.
- Mining cart and tracks to the deepest part of the mines. You cannot walk down the tracks to the next part of the mines, but you can sneak a ride on the cart by searching it. It is possible to fall off the cart, which results in you taking some minor damage. Empty and full mining barrels are near the cart.
- Mining cart and tracks back to the middle mines. See 6 above for how to use the cart.
- Guard at the door to the prison for "troublesome prisoners". You may get thrown into this prison for attacking guards in the mine or talking to slaves in the mine. You cannot voluntarily enter the prison, as a guard stops you (even if you kill all guards near the door).
- Bronze pickaxe spawns.
- Ana is located here during Tourist Trap. During the quest, she will give you a wrought iron key, and you will rescue her, against her vehement protests, by hiding her in a barrel.
- Ana (or someone with the same name and appearance) is also at this location here after Tourist Trap. After the quest, however, this Ana will not voluntarily talk to you. If you try to put her in a barrel, she will refuse, saying "I think you have me confused with someone else".
- Four tin ore rocks are also here.
- Locked door. This can be opened with the wrought iron key you got from Ana.
- Mining area, with five mithril ore rocks and six adamantite ore rocks.
- The Tourist Trap needs to be started for entry. The quest also takes place here, requiring the user to go into the guise of a slave in order to save the daughter of Irena. Irena could be found just south of the Shantay Pass.
- Although the Desert Mining Camp is a good source of mithril and adamantite ore, it is little used because it is far from a bank.
- Almost anything you equip other than jewellery seems to qualify as armour or weapons, which will sooner or later cause the guards to attack you. Even the Robe of Elidinis (a form of desert clothing) seems to draw the guards' attention. You should wear slave robes or not have anything equipped other than jewellery.
- You can talk to the camel at the camel cart if you are wearing a camulet. Be careful what you say, as he implies he occasionally eats people who offend him, although he does not do it often. You can also get ugthanki dung from him if you have done the My Arm's Big Adventure quest (you will need a bucket for this).
- If you try to leave the camp through the main gate while wearing slave robes, a guard will stop you. Just keep trying until you leave.
- When in the south-eastern part of the mines, you can see part of another dungeon to the east. It appears to be part of the Smoke Dungeon, although that seems like it should be south of the camps' mines rather than to the east.
- The Desert Mining Camp appears to be somewhat pointless, because most slaves are only mining rocks with no ore.
|Al Kharid • Pollnivneach • Shantay Pass • Nardah • Uzer • Bedabin Camp • Menaphos • Sophanem • Ullek • Exiled Kalphite Hive • Kalphite Hive • Agility Pyramid • Bandit Camp • Citharede Abbey • Dominion Tower • Duel Arena • Mage Training Arena • Uzer Mastaba • Desert Mining Camp • Monkey Colony • Jaldraocht|