|Release date||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|Store price|| 99,000 coins|
|Examine||The cape worn by masters of the art of Defence.|
The Defence cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Defence skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Defence hood from Harlan the Melee instructor north of the Lumbridge general store (now located in north-west side of combat academy) by players who have achieved level 99 Defence. Defence capes are light blue in colour, and have a cream-coloured trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill.
The cape also has an emote, lasting 5.42 seconds, during which the player uses shields to defend from various attacks such as arrows and rocks. The Defence cape must be equipped in order to perform this emote.
Should a player achieve a second level 99 after Defence, the Defence cape will become a Defence cape (t). The trimmed version has a white trim and adds a +2 Prayer bonus to the original cape's stats. If a player already has a level 99 while achieving the Defence cape, the cape received will automatically be the Defence cape (t).
A player wearing a trimmed Defence cape
A player wearing an untrimmed Defence cape
|[view] • [talk]|
- Currently, 166,062 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- The lowest combat level possible to achieve 99 Defence at is 27.
- This cape's emote was changed and received a graphics update as well on 25 May 2010.
- This cape is one of the capes that got an almost completely different emote. The others were the Attack cape, Thieving cape, and Constitution cape.
- The Defence cape still bears the old Defence skill icon.