|Release date||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High Alch||59,400 coins|
|Low Alch||39,600 coins|
|Store price|| 99,000 coins|
|Examine||The cape worn by masters of the art of Defence.|
The Defence cape is the Skill Cape for the Defence skill. Players with level 99 Defence can purchase it for 99,000 coins alongside the Defence hood from Harlan the Melee instructor in a building to the north of the Lumbridge general store (now located in north-west side of combat academy). Defence capes are light blue in colour, and have a cream-coloured trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill.
The cape also has an emote, lasting 5.42 seconds, during which the player uses shields to defend from various attacks such as arrows and rocks. The Defence cape must be equipped in order to perform this emote.
Should a player achieve a second level 99 after Defence, the Defence cape will become a Defence cape (t). The trimmed version has a white trim and adds a +2 Prayer bonus to the original cape's stats. If a player already has a level 99 while achieving the Defence cape, the cape received will automatically be the Defence cape (t).
A player wearing a trimmed Defence cape
A player wearing an untrimmed Defence cape
|[view] • [talk]|
- Currently, 156,725 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- Before the release of the Evolution of Combat, the lowest combat level to achieve 99 Defence was 27. Level 10 Constitution would need to be retained and this was only possible with the use of the Soul Wars activity, tomes of experience, experience lamps, exam books, or penguin points. The lowest combat level is now 102 (1+99+2), if Attack, Strength, Magic, Ranged, and Summoning remain at 1.
- This cape's emote was changed and received a graphics update as well on 25 May 2010.
- This cape is one of the capes that got an almost completely different emote. The others were the Attack cape, Thieving cape, and Constitution cape.
- The Defence cape still bears the old Defence skill icon.
|Capes||Agility(Hood) • Attack(Hood) • Constitution(Hood) • Construct.(Hood) • Cooking(Hood) • Crafting(Hood) • Defence(Hood) • Divination(Hood) • Dungeoneering(Hood) • Farming(Hood) • Firemaking(Hood) • Fishing(Hood) • Fletching(Hood) • Herblore(Hood) • Hunter(Hood) • Magic(Hood) • Mining(Hood) • Prayer(Hood) • Ranging(Hood) • Runecraft(Hood) • Slayer(Hood) • Smithing(Hood) • Strength(Hood) • Summoning(Hood) • Thieving(Hood) • Woodcutting(Hood) • Quest point(Hood)|
|Master capes||Agility • Attack • Constitution • Construction • Cooking • Crafting • Defence • Divination • Dungeoneering • Farming • Firemaking • Fishing • Fletching • Herblore • Hunter • Magic • Mining • Prayer • Ranging • Runecrafting • Slayer • Smithing • Strength • Summoning • Thieving • Woodcutting|