You can get Defence experience as rewards for completing certain quests:
- 100 - The Blood Pact
- 500 - A Soul's Bane
- 600 - In Search of the Myreque
- 2,000 - In Aid of the Myreque
- 2,000 - Nature Spirit
- 2,000 - What Lies Below
- 2,812 - The Fremennik Trials
- 3,075 - Heroes' Quest
- 5,000 - Between a Rock...
- 8,500 - Elemental Workshop III (Book of Knowledge, 2x 4250 exp)
- 10,000 - Defender of Varrock
- 12,000 - Olaf's Quest
- 15,300 - Holy Grail
- 18,650 - Dragon Slayer
- 19,000 - A Clockwork Syringe
- 20,000 - Monkey Madness (optional when you speak to Daero, you can get 35,000 instead of 20,000 if you choose Defence and Attack over Constitution and Strength)
- 33,000 - King's Ransom
- 45,000 - Salt In The Wound
Total: 146,037 Experience.
There are lots of quests and tasks that allows the player to choose the skill that will receive an experience reward. These are the choice rewards that can be spent on Defence, although it is recommended to use them on skills that are harder to train. But it is recommended to put this experience into skills that are harder, slower, or more expensive to raise if the occasion allows.
- Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen - A skill lamp granting 2,500 exp in any skill.
- A Tail of Two Cats - Two antique lamps each granting 2,500 exp in any skill above level 30.
- Blood Runs Deep - Three training sessions that grant 150,000 exp in any combat skill (except summoning) above level 75.
- Contact! - Two 'wishes' each granting 7,000 exp in Summoning (if higher than level 30), Attack, Strength, Defence, Magic, Ranged, or Constitution.
- Darkness of Hallowvale- A tome of experience with three chapters giving 2,000 experience each in any skill above level 30.
- Dream Mentor - A Dreamy lamp which gives 15,000 exp in any combat skill except from Attack or Prayer.
- The Fremennik Isles - Two lots of 10,000 exp that can be spent in Attack, Strength, Defence or Constitution.
- Glorious Memories - A lamp received as an additional reward after the questgranting 2,500 exp in any skill and a tome with 3 chapters, each granting 5,000 exp in one of the following skills: Attack, Strength, Defence, Constitution , or Ranged.
- The Great Brain Robbery - Blessed lamp granting 5,000 exp in any skill above 30.
- King's Ransom - A skill lamp granting 5,000 exp in any skill above level 50.
- Legacy of Seergaze - A tome of exp with three chapters, giving 2,500 exp each in any skill above 35.
- Legends' Quest - 7,650 experience in any four of the following skills: Attack, Defence, Strength, Constitution, Prayer, Magic, Woodcutting, Crafting, Smithing, Herblore, Agility, Thieving.
- Love Story - After returning Mabel's ring to Mabel you receive a lamp granting 10,000 experience to any skill over level 60.
- Meeting History - A skill book with 3 chapters, 2 chapters giving 1,000 exp and 1 with 500 exp in any skill above level 25.
- Monkey Madness 35,000 experience in Attack and Defence or Strength and Constitution, and 20,000 experience in the other two skills. Talk to Daero after the quest to receive these rewards. These 15,000 experience difference is not counted on the rewards per skill section above.
- Myths of the White Lands - Provides a 500 exp lamp in any skill.
- One Small Favour - Two reward lamps granting 10,000 in any skill above level 30.
- Recipe for Disaster - A lamp granting 20,000 in any skill above level 50.
- Shadow of the Storm - 10,000 exp in any combat skill except prayer and summoning
- The Tale of the Muspah - After completion, the player can talk to the natural historian for a lamp worth 200 exp in any skill.
- Troll Stronghold - two skill lamps giving 10,000 in a skill above level 30.
- Tutorial Island or Learning the Ropes (For accounts that that did one of the old tutorials) - Two experience lamps granting 250 experience in any nonmembers skill, other than Crafting, Runecrafting, or Dungeoneering.
- While Guthix Sleeps - After talking with Idria you receive 4 lamps that grant 100,000 exp in any skill above level 65.
- Observatory Quest - This quest grants 875 experience in Attack, Strength, Defence, or Constitution, depending on which constellation you observed during the quest, and this is completely random. (Some constellations do not give experience in any skill)
- Swept Away - This quest rewards includes 10 pieces of goulash, that each can give from 10 to 1,200 XP in the skill of the player's choice (The formula is: skill level * 10).
- The Varrock Museum - After completing certain quests you can speak to Historian Minas and inform him of your discoveries and historical information. For this you will receive Kudos and at certain amounts of kudos you will receive lamps awarding small amounts of experience in any skill.
- Nomad's Requiem - This quest rewards you with 70 Zeal Points, which can be spent, among other things, on experience in Defence (see below).
- 6 x 50,000 experience Lamp
- 1 x 40,000 experience Lamp
- 6 x 30,000 experience Lamp
- 1 x 28,000 experience Lamp
- 1 x 15,000 experience Lamp
- 4 x 10,000 experience Lamp
- 1 x 9,000 experience Lamp
- 1 x 7,500 experience Lamp
- 4 x 5,000 experience Lamp
- 1 x 1,500 experience Lamp
- 4 x 1,000 experience Lamp
- 1 x 500 experience Lamp
Total experience = 645,500
Activities and Distractions and DiversionsEdit
- Players can trade their zeal points, the rewards of the Soul Wars activity, for experience on Defence among other things. The formula to calculate the Defence experience gained per zeal is: (level^2/600) * 525, where "level" is the current defence level.
- Players can trade their Void Knight commendation points, the rewards of the Pest Control activity, for experience on Defence, among other things. The formula to calculate the Defence experience gained per point is: 35 * ((level + 25) * (level -24) / 606), where "level" is the current Defence level. You get a 1% bonus in the experience gained if you trade the points in a set of 10; similarly, you get 10% bonus if you trade the points in a set of 100.
- When completing a Court Cases with a successful defence, in contrast of prosecution, you gain experience on Defence as a reward.
- Players can trade their Penguin Hide and Seek#Rewardspenguin points, the rewards of the Penguin Hide and Seek Distraction and Diversion, for experience in any skill or gold. You get 25 times your current level experience, in the skill of your choice.
- Once a player fully nourishes an ancient effigy, he/she will receive a dragonkin lamp as a reward. The lamp will grant experience on the skill of your choice using the following formula where level is the current level of the chosen skill: ((level^3) - (2*level^2) + (100*level))/20.
- Tears of Guthix (Distraction and Diversion), that is available after doing the quest of the same name, grants experience to the skill with the lowest amount of experience. The experience per tear collected caps at 60 exp, once the lowest skill reaches level 30.
- The miniquest Camelot training room grants 10,000 experience to Attack, Strength, Defence and Constitution, among other rewards, once it is completed.