|Release date||1 October 2012 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy|| Sizzling Summer: You will not be refunded a fate token if you destroy this. If you have remaining tokens you can obtain more from the fate cards.|
Balthazar's Big Raffle: You will not be refunded a raffle ticket if you destroy this.
|On death||Always kept in inventory|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A dart that kills almost anything. Does not work in PvP.|
Deathtouched dart is an item that will kill almost any monster in the game with one hit. It was originally rewarded to players that had picked the Instakill Dart option from the fate cards received for having membership throughout August and September 2012 as part of Sizzling Summer. A maximum of four darts could be obtained from the fate cards. During the September 2014 Balthazar's Big Raffle event, a set of 3 deathtouched darts could be won by entering the raffle on Thursdays.
When the dart was used it did not give any combat experience; however, Slayer experience would still be gained if used to kill an appropriate Slayer target. All unused darts from the original promotion were removed from the game on 1 January 2013 with the update Happy New Year!.
Using a dart to kill a boss, the kill will not count towards a Reaper task, nor towards the unlock requirement for "the Reaper" title, nor can it be used to get a quick time on the boss. Using a dart on Vorago will also not unlock "the Defeater" title.
A player holding a deathtouch dart
|[view] • [talk]|
- All quest bosses during quests and inside the Dominion Tower (excluding Lucien, Chaos Hreidmar and Chaos Grimsson; see below)
- All non-quest and minigame bosses, including:
- The Corporeal Beast
- Har-Aken (However, the dart must be used on the head for a successful kill, and not on the tentacles)
- All God Wars Dungeon bosses, including Nex
- The Queen Black Dragon (One dart is sufficient to kill all stages)
- The Kalphite Queen (Dart will kill only one form)
- The Kalphite King
- Araxxor (Dart will kill one phase only)
- Vorago (Dart will kill one phase only. On phase 5 the person with the Maul has to use the dart in order for it to work.)
Does not work onEdit
- It cannot be used on players.
- It cannot be used inside Daemonheim.
- It cannot be used to defeat the Dagannoth Mother in Blood Runs Deep unless she is in her vulnerable to ranged stage.
- It cannot be used on Lucien in the Ritual of the Mahjarrat. (As such, it can be inferred that it doesn't work on the other Mahjarrat or your allies, such as Sir Tiffy.)
- It cannot be used on the Fire Warrior of Lesarkus; he will interrupt combat unless you use ice arrows.
- It cannot be used to kill Chaos Hreidmar or Chaos Grimsson in Birthright of the Dwarves.
- If used on the Blood nihil, it will use it to recover and heal its allies.
- It cannot be used on General Graardor in The Mighty Fall.
Tip for effective useEdit
- If used in conjunction with Soul Split, the player would receive the full healing effects, completely healing players depending on what they killed.
- Deathtouched darts at one point did not kill Nex instantly. This bug lead to a lot of people dying and causing a grave glitch where you had to cast Telekinetic Grab to pick up your items from your grave.
- The deathtouched dart hit splat from EoC is used by Vorago when he pushes you off the strip of land.
- Deathtouched darts can not be alchemized, keepsaked or fed to a Baby troll.
- The sheathe and unsheathe stance for the dart is the same.
- Previously, players could run to phase three whilst fighting Araxxor and kill him instantly to move on to fighting Araxxi. This is no longer possible and players must fight through all three waves before getting to Araxxi.