|Release||1 October 2012 (Update)|
|Destroy||Sizzling Summer: You will not be refunded a fate token if you destroy this. If you have remaining tokens you can obtain more from the fate cards.|
Balthazar's Big Raffle: You will not be refunded a raffle ticket if you destroy this.
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||A dart that kills almost anything. Does not work in PvP.|
Deathtouched dart is an item that will kill almost any monster in the game with one hit. It was originally rewarded to players that had picked the Instakill Dart option from the fate cards, received for having membership throughout August and September 2012 as part of Sizzling Summer. A maximum of four darts could be obtained from the fate cards. During the September 2014 and 2015 Balthazar's Big Raffle event, a set of 3 deathtouched darts could be won by entering the raffles on Thursdays and Fridays, respectively. Deathtouched darts returned again in 2016 as a possible reward from the Summer Sweepstake.
When the dart was used, it did not give any combat experience; however, Slayer experience would still be gained if used to kill an appropriate Slayer target. All unused darts from the original promotion were removed from the game on 1 January 2013 with the update Happy New Year!, while all unused darts from the 2014 Raffle were removed on 3 November 2014.
If a dart is used to kill a boss, the kill will not count towards a Reaper task, nor towards the unlock requirement for "the Reaper" title. Additionally, it can not be used to get a quick time on the boss.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 2.4 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- Most quest bosses and inside the Dominion Tower (excluding Lucien, General Graardor, Chaos Hreidmar and Chaos Grimsson).
- All non-quest and minigame bosses, including:
- Corporeal Beast
- Araxxor (dart will kill one phase only)
- Har-Aken (however, the dart must be used on the head for a successful kill, and not on the tentacles)
- All God Wars Dungeon bosses, including Nex
- Queen Black Dragon (one dart is sufficient to kill all stages)
- Kalphite Queen (dart will kill only one form)
- Kalphite King
- Chaos elemental
- Telos, the Warden (Dart will clear one phase only, and can be used to complete the trimmed completionist cape requirement when defeating Telos at 100% enrage; but won't work on 500% enrage for the Warden title)
Does not work onEdit
- Other players
- Anything inside Daemonheim
- Dagannoth Mother in Blood Runs Deep, unless she is in her vulnerable to ranged stage
- Lucien in the Ritual of the Mahjarrat (As such, it can be inferred that it doesn't work on the other Mahjarrat or your allies, such as Sir Tiffy.)
- Fire Warrior of Lesarkus (It interrupts combat, unless you use ice arrows.)
- Chaos Hreidmar or Chaos Grimsson in Birthright of the Dwarves
- Blood nihil (If used on them, they recover and heal their allies.)
- General Graardor in The Mighty Fall
- The Dark Lord in Plague's End
- Morvran's slayer challenge (Bosses killed with a deathtouched dart do not drop the dark crystals needed for the assignment.)
- Training dummy at the Combat Academy (Doing so prevents you from using it and display the error message: "You cannot use the Deathtouched dart on a training dummy.")
- Beastmaster Durzag
- Tarshak in Hero's Welcome, as "That NPC is already being insta-killed!"
- Sliske in Sliske's Endgame
- Nex: Angel of Death
Tips for effective useEdit
- If used with Soul Split, the player receives the full healing effects, completely healing them, depending on what they killed.
- Players must be careful when using the dart on Vanstrom if the bloodveld leechers are around to heal him.
- It can be used against Chronozon, during the Family Crest quest, by skillers to avoid needing level 59 magic to cast 4 blast spells.
- Deathtouched darts can't be alchemised, keepsaked, disassembled, or fed to a Baby troll.
- The instakill hitsplat can also appear on the player when certain special attacks are used by Vorago, Yakamaru, and Telos.
- The sheathed and unsheathed stance for the dart is the same. This also applies to certain items, such as the Hand cannon.
- Deathtouched darts at one point did not kill Nex instantly. This bug lead to a lot of people dying and causing a grave glitch where you had to cast Telekinetic Grab to pick up your items from your grave.
- Previously, players could run to phase three whilst fighting Araxxor and kill him instantly to move on to fighting Araxxi. This is no longer possible, and players must fight through all three waves before getting to Araxxi.
- The dart previously worked against Vorago, killing one phase per dart. In the final phase, it would only work if thrown by the player with the Maul of omens, but doing so in hard mode would not unlock the "the Defeater" title.
Main-hand thrown weapons
|Membership thanks gifts|