|Release date||1 October 2012 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy|| Sizzling Summer: You will not be refunded a fate token if you destroy this. If you have remaining tokens you can obtain more from the fate cards.|
Balthazar's Big Raffle: You will not be refunded a raffle ticket if you destroy this.
|On death||Always kept in inventory|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A dart that kills almost anything. Does not work in PvP.|
Deathtouched dart is an item that will kill almost any monster in the game with one hit. It was originally rewarded to players that had picked the Instakill Dart option from the fate cards received for having membership throughout August and September 2012 as part of Sizzling Summer. A maximum of four darts could be obtained from the fate cards. During the September 2014 and 2015 Balthazar's Big Raffle event, a set of 3 deathtouched darts could be won by entering the raffles on Thursdays and Fridays, respectively.
When the dart was used it did not give any combat experience; however, Slayer experience would still be gained if used to kill an appropriate Slayer target. All unused darts from the original promotion were removed from the game on 1 January 2013 with the update Happy New Year!, while all unused darts from the 2014 Raffle were removed on 3 November 2014.
Using a dart to kill a boss, the kill will not count towards a Reaper task, nor towards the unlock requirement for "the Reaper" title, nor can it be used to get a quick time on the boss. Using a dart on Vorago will also not unlock "the Defeater" title.
A player holding a deathtouch dart
Interval: 2.4 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
- Most quest bosses during quests and inside the Dominion Tower (excluding Lucien, General Graardor, Chaos Hreidmar and Chaos Grimsson; see below)
- All non-quest and minigame bosses, including:
- Corporeal Beast
- Araxxor (Dart will kill one phase only)
- Har-Aken (However, the dart must be used on the head for a successful kill, and not on the tentacles)
- All God Wars Dungeon bosses, including Nex
- Queen Black Dragon (One dart is sufficient to kill all stages)
- Kalphite Queen (Dart will kill only one form)
- Kalphite King
- Chaos elemental
Does not work onEdit
- Other players.
- Anything inside Daemonheim.
- Dagannoth Mother in Blood Runs Deep unless she is in her vulnerable to ranged stage.
- Lucien in the Ritual of the Mahjarrat. (As such, it can be inferred that it doesn't work on the other Mahjarrat or your allies, such as Sir Tiffy.)
- Fire Warrior of Lesarkus; he will interrupt combat unless you use ice arrows.
- Chaos Hreidmar or Chaos Grimsson in Birthright of the Dwarves.
- If used on the Blood nihil, it will use it to recover and heal its allies.
- General Graardor in The Mighty Fall.
- Morvran's slayer challenge; bosses killed with a deathtouched dart will not drop the dark crystals needed for the assignment.
- Training dummy at the Combat Academy. Doing so will get the message popup "You cannot use the Deathtouched dart on a training dummy."
- Beastmaster Durzag
Tip for effective useEdit
- If used in conjunction with Soul Split, the player would receive the full healing effects, completely healing players depending on what they killed.
- Deathtouched darts at one point did not kill Nex instantly. This bug lead to a lot of people dying and causing a grave glitch where you had to cast Telekinetic Grab to pick up your items from your grave.
- The deathtouched dart hit splat from EoC is used by Vorago when he pushes you off the strip of land.
- Deathtouched darts can neither be alchemized, keepsaked, nor fed to a Baby troll.
- The sheathe and unsheathe stance for the dart is the same. This also applies to certain items such as the Hand cannon.
- Previously, players could run to phase three whilst fighting Araxxor and kill him instantly to move on to fighting Araxxi. This is no longer possible and players must fight through all three waves before getting to Araxxi.