|Release||26 January 2005 (Update)|
|An evil death spawn.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|11 / 7 / 3|
|4 ticks (2.4s)|
Death spawns appear when players try to kill Nechryaels. When attacked, a Nechryael may summon up to two death spawns to help attack the player.
A death spawn only exists for a limited amount of time after being summoned by a Nechryael. It fades away at the end of its time, even if engaged in combat with a player. Death spawns may wander off instead of attacking the player slaying the Nechryael, and linger if the Nechyrael it is summoned by is killed. Death spawns will only use Magic if initiating combat outside of melee distance.
Sacrifice is a useful ability against them, as it will almost always deal 500 damage to them and heal the player 500 life points.
Although they have among the fewest life points among monsters to drop accursed ashes, it is recommended that players looking for this drop kill lesser demons as they are much more abundant.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- RuneScape used to treat combat with Death spawns as a non-combat situation, which meant that the auto-retaliate setting had no effect against them and their attacks would not interrupt the Lumbridge Home Teleport. Nowadays however combat with death spawns is considered a normal combat situation.
- Death spawns make the same sounds as vampyres when they attack and when they are hit.
- The ashes of Death spawns will automatically be scattered if a player has a bonecrusher in their possession. It is unknown if this is a glitch.