|Logs||Logs (175 coins)|
|Farming level||Cannot be grown|
|Examine||Only good for firewood now./This tree has been long dead./Never let Mod Timbo near a thing of beauty.|
Dead trees are trees that act as interactive scenery. They have a different look than normal trees, though they usually act the same. They require level one Woodcutting to cut and give normal logs. Some at Draynor Manor and the Haunted Woods attack unsuspecting players if they walk up beside them, causing up to 30 life points of damage, but if you look closely, after doing Animal Magnetism, they are called Undead trees. Unlike normal trees their examine reveals that they are "only good for firewood now", but you also may make planks, unstrung bows and arrow shafts with the logs cut from them, and quests that ask for logs, such as Tree Gnome Village, also will accept these.
- Wilderness (some cannot be cut)
- Draynor Manor
- Throughout Morytania (cannot be cut)
- Rune Essence mine
- Lumbridge Swamp
- Keep Le Faye
- West Ardougne
- Edgeville (after Ritual of the Mahjarrat)
- The dead tree, when cut, offers the same logs as a normal tree, and therefore, burns like a normal tree's log would. In real life, because the tree is dead the logs would burn quicker than a normal (living tree), because there is water and greeneries in the normal tree.
- There is an unaccessable dead tree with a chop option south of Gu'Tanoth.
- A regular tree behind the building with anvils in Yanille was removed in a hidden update. After a thread on the Runescape forums , it was added back as a dead tree a week later with the examine text: "Never let Mod Timbo near a thing of beauty". Its stump's examine text reads: "Tiiiimmmmmmbbbbooooooooooo!"
- Supposedly, Mod Timbo uprooted the tree in Yanille to be placed in his dressing room, but after many complaints he had decided to return it to its original position in Yanille but had 'mismanaged' it when it was in his possession as stated in this thread.
Tree • Dying tree • Dead tree • Dead tree covered in snow • Evergreen • Burnt tree • Jungle tree • Achey tree • Oak tree • Willow tree • Teak tree • Maple tree • Hollow tree • Mahogany tree • Arctic pine • Eucalyptus tree • Yew tree • Magic tree • Cursed magic tree • Bloodwood tree
Ailanthus tree • Cedar tree • Cinnamon tree • Dramen tree • Dream tree • Mastic tree • Sassafras tree • Swaying tree • White tree • Windswept tree • Evil holly tree • Evil hawthorn tree • Blisterwood tree
Calquat tree • Dramen Tree Spirit • Fyburglars tree • Giant ent • Golden Apple Tree • Grand Tree • Ivy • Leafy palm tree • Nice tree • Tree spirit • Undead tree • Scrapey tree • Spirit tree • Sq'irk tree • Strong tree • Wintumber tree • Witchwood tree • Young tree