|Release date||14 November 2005 (Update)|
|Quest item||Shadow of the Storm|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You can reclaim it from Gideon Bede in the Saradomin church in Varrock.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||The magical sword Silverlight, enhanced with the blood of Agrith-Naar.|
Darklight is a magic sword created from the sword Silverlight during the Shadow of the Storm quest. In that quest, Silverlight is transformed into Darklight after being dyed with black mushroom ink and then being used to destroy the demon Agrith-Naar, which coats it in ichor. Both Silverlight and Darklight can be mounted on the wall of a Quest Hall in a player's home. Darklight can be further upgraded following Dimension of Disaster.
If a player loses Darklight, it can be retrieved by talking to Gideon Bede in the church north of the Varrock museum. It may be necessary to start the reworked version of Demon Slayer before Darklight will be offered.
A player wielding Darklight
Interval: 3.0 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
Against most monsters, Darklight is a fairly weak weapon with bonuses equal to those of a steel longsword. However, when using the sword to fight most varieties of demon, it will gain a passive effect which:
- Bypasses any normal melee defence the demon has, acting as the demon's weakness (i.e. no accuracy penalty for using melee against a bolt-weak demon)
- Adds 20% hit chance
- Increases ability damage by a scaling 25-124% (a 1.25×-2.24× multiplier), based on your base Attack and Strength, and the monster's base Defence; this applies to your total ability damage, including off-hand weapons, equipment, and boosts
- The increase is given by:
- Increases auto-attack damage by 100% (a 2× multiplier)
- Bypasses any normal melee defence the demon has, acting as the demon's weakness (as above)
- Adds 30% hit chance
- Increases ability damage by a scaling 50-149% (a 1.5×-2.49× multiplier), based on your base Attack and Strength, and the monster's base Defence; this applies to your total ability damage, including off-hand weapons, equipment, and boosts
- The increase is given by:
- Increases auto-attack damage by 150% (a 2.5× multiplier)
- Functions as a rock hammer if the Quicker Killing Blows passive is unlocked
- Doubles the damage a Tormented demon will take between switching prayers[ ]
The following creatures will take increased damage from Darklight:
Darklight's special attack reduces its target's Attack, Strength and Defence by 1 + 5%. Against demons, this is more effective so stats are drained by 1 + 10%.
- The Varrock Museum display plaque calls Silverlight, and therefore Darklight as well, a sword made of steel. Both Darklight and Silverlight may be used to slay vampyres, who can normally only be damaged by weapons made of silver. This discrepancy can be explained by the "magical treatment" alluded to by the Varrock museum's display and by the God letters, where Guthix claims responsibility for the creation of Silverlight to restore balance following the appearance of Delrith.
- If Darklight is used on Sir Prysin, he will believe a key is given to him (like in the Demon Slayer quest).
- Even though Bloodveld are a type of Chthonian demon, Darklight does not provide a damage bonus when used against them.
- Prior to 27 April 2015, Darklight's upgraded version used to be stronger than any melee weapon in the game against any demons. When used with the Balanced Strike ability, the damage dealt will be boosted 2.5x if used against affected monsters. This allows for one hit kills on full health enemies (that have 12,000 or fewer lifepoints) whenever the player is at 60% health or below. This has no effect on the amount of health healed. However, because of the nerf, the upgraded version appears to be weaker than before the release of Dimension of Disaster.
|Related to the Desert quest series|