|Release date||15 September 2008 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Examine text|| Free: A small being of dark energy.|
Trapped in hole: The dark core is stuck in the hole.
The Dark energy core is a monster that is first seen in the Summer's End quest. It appears from within the Spirit Beast and players have to trap the Core within a hole, in order for Jallek Lenkin to attack the Beast. According to Jallek, the Dark Core contains a portion of the players spirit within it, as the beast has been draining it during Spirit of Summer and Summer's End. After the player and Meranek Thanatos break the chestplate protecting the Dark Core, it will fall out and, as it contains sections of the players spirit within it, will try to rejoin with the players spirit. However, as it had been corrupted with dark energy, trying to unite with the players spirit would cause much pain.
The Dark Energy Core also appears from within the Corporeal Beast. This monster heals the Beast, and attacks any players within the vicinity of the Core. It is advised to kill the Dark Core as soon as it is launched towards the player, as it transfers the player's life points to the Corporeal Beast and in very large clans, can be quite irritating. It can easily be destroyed with a Dwarf multicannon.
If the Corporeal Beast dies, the Dark Core will disappear.
The Dark energy core can devour familiars, causing Beast of Burden familiars to drop all their items.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Ashes 1 Always 354
- The dark energy core resembles a piranha plant from Super Mario but it has no spots, long eye lashes, and a black stub, which could also resemble a plant stem.
- When the dark energy core comes out of the Spirit Beast's chestplate, it flings like a fish.
- The teeth of the dark energy core resembles an actual piranhafish's teeth, however, the dark energy core doesn't swim; it insteads bounces on land.
- Contrary to popular belief, the dark core spawns at various levels of the Beast's health depending on how many people are in his lair. The less people there are, the longer it will wait inside before coming out. (2 people usually means it will come out when the Beast is at half health.) It may also depend on how quickly the Beast is losing health.
- The dark energy core has no death animation.
- Rarely, after killing the Corporeal Beast, the Dark core may still be running around as usual. It will still stay in the same spot, damaging players until they move. The only way to fix this is by staying away from the 3x3 radius and after jumping to the next spot, it will disappear.
- After the EOC update, the Dark energy core can no longer be stunned by poison or emerald bolts (e). However, giving it an intial attack or using stuns will stun the core for a while.