|Release date||24 October 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||Turns milk into other dairy products.|
A Dairy churn is a members-only object used in the Cooking skill to turn a bucket of milk (obtained from a dairy cow) into a pot of cream, a pat of butter, or a cheese wheel, granting 18, 40.5, and 64 cooking experience each, respectively. It can also be used to turn a pot of cream into a pat of butter, or a cheese wheel. If a pat of butter is used on the churn however, the only option available is to turn it into a cheese wheel. Urns cannot be filled by a dairy churn.
All dairy items take about 4 seconds (8 game ticks) each to churn, regardless of the starting or finished product.
Before the churning update, it was incredibly tedious and time-consuming to create dairy products. With the update, prices of all processed dairy products are likely to fall as more people are willing to churn items.
The fastest place to churn is Zanaris; the unofficial world to churn is 39 (more people means less time opening the door).
- Inside the Makeover Mage's house
- In farm buildings to the north and north-west of Lumbridge
- In a farm building south of Falador (milk seller very close by)
- On the first floor of the Cooks' Guild (closest to a bank if you have Varrock Armour 3)
- Inside Frenita's restaurant in Yanille
- Inside the Windmill in Zanaris, very close to a Bank
- In a farm building, in Hemenster
- In a building in Rellekka, next to an area with cows and chickens
- In Sinclair Mansion garden
- In East Ardougne, in the Farming shop