The Dagannoth Kings are a group of three dagannoths that live deep in the cave on Waterbirth Island. They are each level 303, and also represent the combat triangle. Each of them uses a different combat style, and is weak against the type that defeats them on the combat triangle, and immune to all others. Each King possesses his own unique ring drop, except for Rex who has two. The rings give some of the best damage bonuses for their respective styles in the ring slot. All three kings have the ability to drop the dragon hatchet.
- Dagannoth Supreme, the Dagannoth King that attacks with Ranged and is weak to Melee, specifically Stab and Balmung.
- Dagannoth Rex, the Dagannoth King that attacks with Melee and is weak to Magic, specifically Fire Spells.
- Dagannoth Prime, the Dagannoth King that attacks with Magic and is weak to Ranged, specifically Arrows.
In Blood Runs DeepEdit
The Dagannoth Kings reside in the sixth level of the Waterbirth Island Dungeon. The simplest way to reach the Dagannoth Kings lair is by using a Dagannoth Kings teleport. Alternatively, a player with access to the Max Guild tower can retune the portal in the South East balcony of the PvM portal inside the Max Guild tower to just outside the Dagannoth Kings lair.
If not using one of these simple methods to teleport to the lair, it is necessary to travel through Waterbirth Island Dungeon, as shown in the image. The doors to this dungeon can now be opened by a single player, although it is still recommended to bring a friend to help kill the Dagannoth Kings.
To get to the Dagannoth Kings, go to Rellekka (using the lodestone, enchanted lyre or house teleport) and then take the boat to Waterbirth Island by speaking to Jarvald on the westernmost pier. You will appear at the southwestern corner of the island and need to run counter-clockwise around the perimeter of the island until you reach a dungeon entrance. The lyre can also be reset to teleport to the dungeon entrance directly, or a teleport in the Lunar spellbook can take a player to Waterbirth Isle.
Once inside the dungeon, go through the doors at the far end and follow the path marked on the map.
- When the player used to kill Dagannoth Kings, it would read in your adventurers log which king you killed. Now, if a player kills a Dagannoth King (or several), it says "I killed a Dagannoth King," or if more are killed, "I killed # Dagannoth Kings." If a player kills over 100 Dagannoth kings without getting any rare drop the adventures log will say "I killed many Dagannoth Kings."
- Each of the three kings' names come from a Latin word. Supremus meaning 'highest', Prima meaning 'first' and Rex meaning 'King'.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the Kings had very high defence against attacks they were not weak to. After the update, the Kings gained complete immunity against the attacks they are not weak to. However, attacking familiars are able to bypass this immunity, even if the attacking familiar is using the wrong combat style.
- For a short while after the Evolution of Combat, the Dagannoth Kings' aggression range was much further than their pre-Evolution of Combat range. This was fixed in a hidden update.
- As of 4 February 2014, the respawn time of the Dagannoth Kings has been increased.
- On 12 September 2016 Dagannoth Kings received the ability to attack players who stand under them.
- On 19 September 2016 Dagannoth Kings received both a graphical update and new drop tables.