Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release date||15 December 2009 (Update)|
|Combat level|| 102 |
"AllCombatlevel::" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 102.
|XP per kill||0 (during Blood Runs Deep)|
|Examine text|| Before her defeat: A new generation of horror from the deep.|
After she is defeated: Not so horrifying now.
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
This Dagannoth mother created new "traits" for her offspring, and attempted to attack Rellaka. She thought that if Rellaka fell, Neitiznot and Jatizso would surrender immediately and Miscellania would not be able to do anything as she had captured their king. However, the attack on Rellaka was repelled by fierce Fremennik resistance. The player later encounters her in the hatchery, where she attempts to kill the player but is defeated. Due to a prophecy tablet, the player spares her as killing her would just result in another dagannoth mother taking her place. The player traps her alive in the cavern by collapsing the supports.
She has similar damage immunity as her mother, except the battle has to be initiated with the Balmung. Also, she is significantly stronger than her mother, capable of dealing 1000 or more life points of damage with her melee attack. The colour of the stripe down her back shows her current weakness. However, unlike her mother, whose colour change follows a specific pattern, she can change her weakness at will.
Weakness by colourEdit
|White||Air spells (Air Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave, and Surge)|
|Blue||Water spells (Water Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave, and Surge)|
|Brown||Earth spells (Earth Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave, and Surge)|
|Red||Fire spells (Fire Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave, and Surge)|
|Orange||Melee attacks (Slash > Stab/Crush)|
The Balmung is recommended due to being a slash weapon and having extra damage against Dagannoths
|Green||Ranged attacks (Thrown > Arrow/Bolt)|
- Her chathead seems to resemble the head of Godzilla in the 1998 American remake.
- That may be a reference to the track unlocked in Blood Runs Deep called Maiasaura as both Maiasaura in real life and Godzilla are Dinosaurs.
- When fighting this monster in Dominion Tower, if a player is already under the effect of the Lunar spell Spellbook Swap, that player's spellbook will not be switched to standard at the beginning of the fight. After the 2 minutes required for Spellbook Swap's effect to end or if another spell is cast, the player's spellbook will return to Lunars and remain that way for the duration of the fight. This has not been fixed yet.
- In the Dominion Tower, this monster is called Dagannoth Mother (Version 2).
- With the launch of the Evolution of Combat, in the quest, she would not change colours at all and players could kill her without the Balmung. This was fixed over a year later.
- There seems to be a bug where players are not able to damage the Mother after the initial two hits with the Balmung.
|Part 9 of the Fremennik quest series|