The Dagannoth Kings are highly underrated bosses and can be an excellent money making method. They drop dragon hatchets, berserker rings, archers' rings, warrior rings, seers' rings, and other drops relatively often. Using a pack yak will further increase your profit as you will be able to bank the dagannoth bones and dagannoth hides you receive. Using Fremennik boots 4 will increase profit as the bones will become noted, and with a Pak Yak you can bank the hides.
The Dagannoth Kings reside in the sixth level of the Waterbirth Island Dungeon. Players will need to get past a series of doors and then run through the dungeon to reach the Dagannoth Kings. To do so, have a friend or two who know the way come to let you through the doors and possibly to bless your grave if you die.
The best way to get to the Dagannoth Kings is to teleport to the house portal in Rellekka or run north from the Seers' Village, and then take the boat to Waterbirth Island. You will appear at the southwestern corner of the island and need to run counter-clockwise around the perimeter of the island until you reach a dungeon entrance. Rest here until you obtain full run energy. Alternatively, you can use the Enchanted Lyre to teleport either to Rellekka or the Waterbirth Island Dungeon entrance, though this consumes an inventory space. Another method is to use the Rellekka Lodestone, which is faster than going to Seer's Village.
Entering this entrance takes you into the main room, largely populated by melee-using dagannoths. You will then have to run east until you reach the eastern wall. Both you and your partner should stand on the pressure plates on the northern door (the one leading to the giant rock crabs), open the door, run to the southern door (the one leading to ranged-using dagannoths), stand on its pressure plates, and open it. One of you will have to run north and go through the northern door, which should still be open, while the other runs through the southern door and switches to deflect missiles. At the end of the halls, you will be facing each other across two targets. One of you will need a ranged weapon to shoot down one of the targets, allowing the other through. He can simply melee the door from behind. Climb up the ladder and rest.
This room is full of giant rock crabs, which do not notice you if you remain behind the ladder. You can rest in here to regain your run energy, then run southeast around the wall and climb down the ladder.
then You will now be in the area with the rock lobsters. These monsters attack very quickly (throwing knife speed) and can hit accurately. Run past the lobsters, and after you see the last one on the path, switch to magic prayers to avoid being hit by Wallasalkis. Players in parties tend to group at the obelisk nearby before going down. Going down the ladder takes you to the Kings.
The Kings reside on the sixth floor (the deepest) in Waterbirth Island Dungeon.
- Dagannoth Prime is the deadliest Dagannoth King. He is immune to melee and magic attacks, despite being a mage, so you must kill him with ranged. Despite this, his defence against ranged is still relatively high. Dagannoth Prime hits hard and is usually the most dangerous out of all the Kings, though compared to his strength pre-EOC he isn't that lethal any more.
- Dagannoth Rex uses melee on players, hitting multiple players at a time if they stand beside each other in a similar manner to the dragon halberd. He is immune against melee and ranged attacks, but is extremely weak to magic. Even players in full melee armour can hit consistently on Rex if they are using a staff like the polypore staff.
- Dagannoth Supreme uses ranged attacks on players. He does not use magical ranged like many players believe. Dagannoth Supreme uses ranged attacks in the form of multiple barbs, and will send multiple of them if players are close to each other (in front, right or left sides).
- Spinolyps inhabit the moat surrounding the Dagannoth Kings' island. They do not hit very high or very accurately, but their ranged attacks poison you and their magic attacks drain ten prayer points if they hit. They are also very weak following the Evolution of Combat update and are very easy to kill. The poison however is negligible since EOC as it does roughly 20 damage and is not worth bringing an antipoison potion. They can be used to keep adrenaline up efficiently.
Following the Evolution of Combat, the Kings have much more health. You'll need the highest level weaponry you can provide yourself to kill them quickly.
Rex and PrimeEdit
This setup only uses Ranged and Magic combat, and is very easy to do yourself.
Body and leg switches are advised, however not needed. If you don't mind the 28% accuracy loss it can be really beneficial to not have to switch the armour. Make sure you use Telekinetic Grab on any desired loots Prime has to avoid being hit by Supreme. It is best to have backup melee weapons incase you are spotted by Supreme.
All you need are the following supplies:
- Magic: Seismic wand(and singularity) > Chaotic staff > Armadyl Battlestaff > Staff of light > Polypore staff
- Ranged: Ascension crossbow (and off-hand) > Death lotus darts > Zaryte bow > Royal crossbow > Crystal bow > Karil's crossbow
- Ammo (only for crossbows): Royal bolts (ascension/royal) > Bolt rack (Karil's)
Using this method, you should have the following abilities in your ability bars if you are not switching ability bars:
- Magic: Impact, Wild Magic,Asphyxiate, Combust
- Ranged: Binding Shot, Snipe, Debilitate, Rapid Fire, Fragmentation Shot, Deadshot
- Constitution: Guthix's Blessing or Regenerate
This setup only uses Magic, and is mostly used because Rex is the easiest out of all the Kings, and has better rare drops than the other Kings.
- Helm: Full slayer helm (only on task) > Superior sea singer's hood > Virtus mask > Ahrim's hood
- Body: Superior sea singer's robe top > Virtus robe top > Ahrim's robe top
- Legs: Superior sea singer's robe bottom > Virtus robe bottom > Ahrim's robe bottom
- Weapon: Chaotic staff > Staff of light > Polypore staff > Ahrim's staff
- Gloves: Static Gloves>Spellcaster gloves>Ganodermic gloves
- Boots: Ragefire Boots>Ganodermic boots
- Cape: Completionist cape > Max cape > Skill capes
- Aura: Vampyrism > Penance
- Ring: Seers' ring (i)>Sixth-Age circuit>Seers' Ring>Ring of wealth
Tribridding has been made a lot more viable since the EOC update, as the bosses don't hit nearly as hard. However, if you are going to attempt solo tribridding for the first time it's recommended to have one of the higher tier graves and a friend ready to get you back into the dungeon incase you die. Also remember to start off in a low populated world so you can keep up with the spawns. A slayer task will help with tribridding to deal more damage and gain extra accuracy.
- Helm(tribrid): Full Slayer helm (only on task) > Superior tetsu helm > Torva full helm > Bandos helm
- Body: if bringing a body switch
- Legs: If bringing a leg switch
- Weapon: You will bring a weapon set of all three styles:
- Weapon (melee): Drygore set > Chaotic weapon set > balmung (preferably enhanced) >
- Weapon (magic):Seismic wand (and off-hand) > Virtus book and wand > Chaotic staff > Staff of light > Polypore staff
- Weapon (ranged): Ascension crossbow (and off-hand) > Death lotus darts> Zaryte bow > Royal crossbow > Crystal bow
- Cape: Completionist cape > Max cape > Skill cape > Red cape > God cape
- Aura: Vampyrism > Penance
- Gloves: Automaton gloves > Dominion tower gloves > barrows gloves
- Ring: Ring of wealth
- Ammo: Ascension bolts (if using Ascension crossbows) > Royal bolts > Bolt rack
- Boots: Fremennik sea boots 4 > Glacor boots > Ganodermic boots
If you are experienced you can use only magic and ranged armour when tribridding. Remember to switch the armours when fighting Prime, otherwise your ranged attacks may miss. Ensure that
- Melee: Slice, Dismember, Slaughter, Assault, Destroy, Berserk, Debilitate, Punish, Backhand or Kick
- Magic: Impact, Combust, Metamorphosis, Sonic Wave, Wrack, Wild Magic
- Ranged: Debilitate, Binding Shot, Rapid Fire, Bombardment, Fragmentation Shot, Snipe
When fighting with these abilities, make sure you have the right gears. If you have at least 4 level 90+ weapons and 2 level 80 weapons, you should be fine killing them. Since Rex takes the longest to kill (as mage doesn't do enough damage over time to keep up with the spawn rates), it is best to gain adrenaline while killing Supreme. When dealing with Rex, use Metamorphosis (or Sunshine if the player has it, as it is more effective). Make sure you have at least 40-60% adrenaline before Prime respawns for a faster kill. To keep up with spawn rates, do the following:
- If you lack Drygores, but have seismics and ascensions: Use Berserk against Supreme.
- If you lack Ascensions, but have seismics and drygores: Use Death's Swiftness against Prime.
- If you lack Seismics, but have drygores and ascensions: Use Sunshine against Rex.
Familiars can be really useful while doing Dagannoth Kings. The Pak Yak is an excellent familiar, as you can bank bones (if you haven't done Fremennik Elite Tasks), hides, and other important drops. When the Pak Yak expires, switch to your Unicorn Stallion if you need to.
How to kill the KingsEdit
The Kings reside in a circular islet, with each King having their own "private" zone and a zone where they all meet each other. When there are all three Kings in the arena, try to stay as far as you can from the middle because it is very dangerous to be hit by all three of them at once. Prayers only will block 50% of one of their attacks, while the other two can hit for 100%. If you are spotted by one of the Kings, they will keep attacking you until you leave by any means or kill them. The only way to get them off you is by them getting distracted by another player or dying.
When killing Dagannoth Rex, lure him away from the other two kings. He will home in on you very quickly, and you can either stun safespot him or just use the ragged edges of the islet to safespot him. When killing Dagannoth Prime, stay on his side of the islet (the top part) with a ranged weapon. If you get too close to him, Supreme will come in and interrupt the fight, which can be problematic when you are low on food. When killing Dagannoth Supreme, lure him to the ladder, the top or the sides (depending on which way he moves when you're under him), so if one of the other Kings spawn, you decrease your chances of being spotted by them. If you fail to kill them efficiently, let the three respawn and target Rex first. This will decrease the chance of being attacked by another King while you are busy dealing with one of them.
When starting the kill, you have a few options to deal with them:
- If Supreme is close to the ladder, kill him since Rex doesn't tend to notice you yet.
- If they are near the middle, sneak around the corners of the islet until you are on Rex's side, then kill him. If done correctly, Supreme will not notice you.
- Simply attack them. This is the most dangerous, but if Rex is alive quickly use a magic stun or bind him since he is not stun immune. Make sure he isn't directly under Supreme, otherwise the stun will go to waste. If you can use Debiltate, immediately use it on the King you're focused on and use the prayers against the one you aren't to avoid unnecessary damage.
The Dagannoth Kings drop high-valued items quite often. Always pick the bones up as each one is worth enough to pay for some of the equipment used to kill them. Being a boss Dagannoth, they will always drop the unique Dagannoth bones and hides, which, although less expensive then the bones, can be used to create Spirit dagannoths.
When killing the Kings, collect the high-value, stackable, noted items mentioned below. It may be beneficial to ignore rare noted drops in order to conserve inventory space for food which will make the trip last longer, giving you more time to collect more of the commonly dropped items.
- Dagannoth Rex: Dagannoth bones, Mithril ore, Coal
- Dagannoth Supreme: Dagannoth bones, Yew logs, Runite bolts
- Dagannoth Prime: Dagannoth bones, Pure essence, Earth talisman, Water talisman, Battlestaff
Be wary that the Dragannoth Kings can drop Fremennik helms, Fremennik shields, and Fremennik blades. Despite being untradeable, it is possible to cast high-level alchemy on these items for a large profit. They can also drop parts of their respective level 50 power gears: Rock-shell, Spined, and Skeletal. Supreme and Prime can also drop Archer helms and Farseer helms respectively.
Note: Only pick up the bones if you have completed the Elite Fremennik Tasks, or if you have a Pak yak. Ignore them or bury if you do not.
See the three King's articles for other drops.
|King||Dragon hatchet drop?||Seer's Ring drop?||Mud Battlestaff Drop?||Archer's Ring drop?||Seercull drop?||Berserker's ring drop?||Warrior's ring drop?||Clue scroll (hard/elite) drop?|
Note: All three kings are capable of dropping the Dragon hatchet, as well as clue scrolls.