"Daeyalt" redirects here. For the vein that Daeyalt ore is mined from, see Daeyalt vein.
|Release date||4 September 2006 (Update)|
|High Alch||60 coins|
|Low Alch||40 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||This needs refining.|
Daeyalt ore is a rare ore that can only be mined by players with a Mining level of 20 during and after the Darkness of Hallowvale quest, gaining approximately 17.6 experience. Currently, it cannot be smelted into a bar using the Smithing skill. According to those working the Meiyerditch mine, the ore mined in Meiyerditch is taken to a massive underground refinery; however, the nature and purpose of this process is unknown. According to Jagex, this ore was created by the presence of the Stone of Jas, during the time it was hidden in under Meyerditch.
If players are sent to the mine by the Vyrewatch, they must mine 15 ores and place them in the mine cart, then ask to be released from the mine.
The similarity between the spelling of Daeyalt and the pronunciation of 'day out' and the anagram 'late day' has led to speculation that this ore may prove to be dangerous or beneficial to vampyres. This speculation was fueled both by Master Smith Thurgo's reply in the Postbag from the Hedge (issue twenty-two) claiming that the ore had "some magical hoobery-joobery on it" and that "those vampire types are after the hoobery-joobery" and by Mod Osborne during his Lore Q&A. During Branches of Darkmeyer, it is learned that Daeyalt ore may be used in haemalchemy which may be a word meld of the Greek root haemo- meaning "pertaining to blood", and alchemy. It is not the only use of it though, as Lord Drakan obsesses over it after trying to cover up this use.
- Prospect - "This rock contains some strange properties, none of which you're sure of."
- Examine - "Looks like normal rocks with a faint glow."
- Examine - "This needs refining."
- Use on furnace - "You're not sure what sort of effect you would get by putting this into the furnace."
- Trying to cast superheat item on it - "You're not sure what effect this would have."
According to the Live Q&A- Lore, Jagex is planning to make a spin off quest from the Myreque quest series dealing with Daeyalt ore, but will not have to do with the main series itself, instead hinting at the ore's formation from exposure to the Stone of Jas, just as its lingering energies created the Fist of Guthix and permeates the Glacor Cave.
- ^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQg_xYVKQJY&feature=plcp
- ^ Jagex. Postbag 22 - "What will happen to the pie?"letter #. Postbags from the Hedge.
- ^ Mod Osborne. "Mod Osborne's Lore Answers". 18 March 2013. General Forums.
|Standard Metals and Ores|