Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Daemonheim before its release was a major subject to speculation and theories along with the strange power. Although it was not accessible until 12 April 2010, the castle first appeared on 22 February 2010 as unexplained mass of land in the Wilderness. It was then known as the Wilderness Castle.
The two Fremennik guards at the western gate (Torsteg and Hilda) were stationed to guard the source of the strange power. Curious players used the Orb of Oculus to view the peninsula finding a series of tents. Observant players made note of the eastern entrance which was inaccessible at the time. Although the guards were removed after Dungeoneering was released, they were re-added on 1 February2011 with the return of the Wilderness and Free Trade.
Dialogue with the Fremennik guardsEdit
- Player: Hello there. What’s-
- Torsteg: HALT! Come no further!
- Hilda: Calm down, Torsteg. Sorry, traveller. He takes his job very seriously. As for you, traveller, I suggest you turn back. The Fremennik have fortified this area, and we aren’t letting anyone in.
- Player: What is this place?
- Torsteg: It is none of your concern.
- Hilda: Quiet, Torsteg! They came all this way, they deserve an explanation. A while back, our seers felt a strange power wash over the land. It was unlike anything they’d ever experienced. They were able to pinpoint the source of this strange power, and we quickly mobilized to contain the unknown threat. Our brothers are risking their lives to this end as we speak.
- Player: Why can't I come in?
- Torsteg: Because we have our orders!
- Hilda: Forgive our caution, but we Fremennik aren’t known for trusting outsiders. We have orders to stop anyone getting in, so that’s how it’s going to be.
- Player: But I’m not an outsider, I’ve completed your trials.
- Hilda: Regardless, you are on that side of the fence, so that’s where you must stay.
- Player: Oh, come on, please let me pa-
- Torsteg: YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
- Player: Okay okay. I get the picture.
- Player: I’m done with my questions.
- Hilda: Very well, traveller, be on your way.
These screenshots were taken prior to the release of Dungeoneering.
- The coast along the peninsula is not a multicombat area. This does not mean that the peninsula itself isn't, however. In addition, it is currently unknown if the castle and surrounding peninsula are considered part of the Wilderness. Revenants have been spotted wandering into the plateau upon which the castle is seated.
- This was the first time that free players could talk to warriors from Fremennik Province.
- Torsteg commanding "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" is a reference to Lord of the Rings, whereby Gandalf commands the same phrase whilst fighting the Balrog in the Mines of Moria.
- The ram head-esque symbol on Torsteg's belt is similar to the design on the nearby tents and standards.
- The castle appeared thirty days after the Strange Power.