|Release date||May 31, 2006 (Update)|
|High Alch||6 coins|
|Low Alch||4 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A nice/milky cup of nettle tea. OR Some (milky) nettle tea in a porcelain cup.|
This article is about the stat boosting tea made in Player-owned houses. For the standard cup of tea, see Cup of tea.
A Cup of tea is a drink that will boost a player's Construction level. There are three different strengths of tea depending on if the player uses a clay or porcelain cup when brewing the tea. With a Cooking level of 20, this item can be made in the kitchen of a player-owned house rewarding the player with 52 experience. Players can ask their servant to serve tea, and the servant will use a cup that corresponds with the best type of shelves built in the house. This type of tea cannot be put into a tea flask.
Note: If a player leaves the house in any way, then this item will disappear from their inventory.
A bucket of milk may also be added to any strength of tea, but this only changes the image and the drink text and does not affect the stat boosting abilities.
Tea made at a player-owned house can boost Construction by 1-3 levels depending on the shelves in the kitchen.
|Cup of tea||Shelf (Construction level)||Boost|
|Clay empty cup|| Wooden shelves 1 (6)|
Wooden shelves 2 (12)
Oak shelves 1 (34)
|White porcelain cup|| Wooden shelves 3 (23)|
Oak shelves 2 (45)
Teak shelves 1 (56)
|Gold trimmed porcelain cup||Teak shelves 2 (67)||+3|
Making a cup of teaEdit
- Remove a kettle, a teapot and one or more cups from the shelf.
- Remove one unit of tea leaves from the larder.
- Use the kettle on the sink to fill it with water.
- Use the full kettle of water on the range to bring it to a boil.
- Use the tea leaves on the teapot to fill the teapot.
- Remove the kettle from the range when the message "The kettle boils." is received.
- Use the hot kettle on the teapot with leaves to create four servings of tea. This is the only step that grants cooking experience.
- Use the pot of tea on a cup to pour a cup of tea.
- When leaving a player owned house the tea is deleted. Anything that causes a loading screen counts.