"Dark gloves" redirects here. For the gloves made from dark kebbit fur, see Gloves of silence.
|Release date||15 March 2006 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Yes - Recipe for Disaster|
|High Alch||60,000 coins|
|Low Alch||40,000 coins|
|Store price|| 100,000 coins|
|Examine||A pair of Barrows-themed gloves.|
Culinaromancer's gloves 10, also called barrows gloves, are special metal gloves that can be bought from the Culinaromancer's Chest for 100,000 coins (10 available) after full completion of the Recipe for Disaster quest.
These are untradeable and were considered the best combat-based gloves before the release of Dominion gloves, as they used to give the highest of all combat bonuses except for ranged. (Mercenary's gloves provide +15 ranged bonus, though these are hard to obtain). They also gave the second highest strength bonus of any non-weapon item in the game. Only dragon gauntlets had higher melee and ranged defence, and only Mercenary's Gloves, black dragonhide and third-age vambraces had higher magic defence.
Although these gloves are considerably stronger than Culinaromancer's gloves 9 they can be bought for the same price from the Culinaromancer's Chest. Therefore it is advised that players complete Recipe for Disaster before buying any of the gloves. However inexperienced players may wish to buy culinaromancer's gloves 9 if the final battle or the quest required for its completion (Desert Treasure) proves too difficult.
These gloves do not have any requirements to wear; however, due to all the sub-quests that are required to complete Recipe for Disaster, there is a minimum of 32 Defence given from quests before these gloves are obtainable. Some players say that it is very hard to obtain them at a lower level because of all of the quests, such as Desert Treasure, Monkey Madness, as well as the skills and tough monsters they need to complete Recipe for Disaster.
A player wearing gloves (barrows)
|[view] • [talk]|
- In 2007, culinaromancer's gloves 10 cost 130,000 coins when the chest had full stock. This was later changed to 100,000 coins.
- Being untradeable, when lost in the Wilderness, Culinaromancer's gloves 10 will turn into 60,000 coins upon being dropped.
- On 31 January 2012 all the gloves from Culinaromancer's Chest were changed to names based on their order.
- On 7 February 2012 Barrows gloves changed from green to black to match the barrows equipment update.
- The gloves appear to have fingers, although players don't have fingers.
|Ahrim the Blighted|
|Dharok the Wretched|
|Guthan the Infested|
|Karil the Tainted|
|Torag the Corrupted|
|Verac the Defiled|
|Akrisae the Doomed|