|Farming level||Cannot be grown|
|Examine||Attuned with nature.|
Only one crystal tree is active at one time, and will switch location randomly every two hours. When they are active, the crystals at the base are much larger. Right-clicking and choosing "Look at" an active tree will prompt the message, "This tree points to the heavens." Right-clicking to "Look at" an inactive tree prompts a message that says "The tree leans slightly towards the "direction of an active tree" which you follow in the direction shown to that particular active tree. The crystal tree's re-spawn time is the same on every world, though the active location differs.
When cutting the crystal tree, players may come across a crystal geode that may contain several rewards such as crystal triskelion fragments, crystal seeds and valuable gems. Using a tree-shaking scrimshaw or a superior tree-shaking scrimshaw increases the chance of obtaining drops by 300% and 400% respectively. A rabbit-foot necklace also increases the chances of obtaining drops.
One way of making it easier to find crystal trees is by joining a friend chat dedicated to tracking crystal tree locations which players may find in different worlds. In these, players can share their reports with other players that are also looking for active crystal trees and then, based on the hints given by spirit trees, players determine where crystal trees may spawn.
On the world map, the locations of the crystal trees form the symbol of Seren, a rhombus.
Right-clicking "Look at crystal tree" will prompt a message:
- Active tree: "This tree points to the heavens."
- Inactive tree: "The tree leans slightly towards the [direction of an active tree.]"
Location order is clockwise around the Rhombus starting from Prifddinas.
|Tree Gnome Stronghold near the Gnomeball||Spirit tree, Gnome glider|
|South East of Lighthouse||Games necklace, Enchanted lyre, Rellekka tablet|
|Seers' Village, by the flax field||Camelot teleport, Seers' lodestone|
|Near the Dark Wizard's Tower||Falador teleport, Clan vexillum, Skills necklace|
|West side of Brimhaven||Brimhaven tablet, Amulet of Glory, Karamja lodestone, Spirit tree|
|South of Yanille||Yanille lodestone, Watchtower teleport|
|West of the Observatory; North of Castle Wars.||Ring of duelling|
- When the elder and crystal trees were first released, a message sometimes appeared in players' chat boxes saying: "New Elder and Crystal trees are waiting for Yew!"
- There are a number of Easter eggs related to crystal trees. These include:
- Using a crystal seed, teleport crystal, crystal trinket or crystal bow on a crystal tree shard results in the message "The crystal resonates slightly".
- Using a complete crystal key on a crystal tree shard results in a message saying that "You'll have to do better than that to get another crystal key."
- Using a cannonball or gnomeball on a crystal tree shard results in a message saying "You won't be able to see into the future with these."
- Using wheat on a crystal tree shard results in a message saying "Well it's not quite the Crystal Maize, now is it?", a reference to The Crystal Maze.
- Using a Castle wars ticket on a crystal tree shard results in a message saying "Not exactly a Fortress of Solitude is it?"
- Using an Ex-ex-parrot on a crystal tree shard results in a message saying "Ah, Polycrystal, I see what you did there."
- With the release of the trees, a blank white area appeared next to the Exiled Kalphite Hive, which contained many elder tree, crystal trees, elder pyre logs and funeral pyres. This was used to test the trees before release.
Tree • Dying tree • Dead tree • Dead tree covered in snow • Evergreen • Burnt tree • Jungle tree • Achey Tree • Oak tree • Willow tree • Teak tree • Maple tree • Hollow tree • Mahogany tree • Arctic pine • Eucalyptus tree • Yew tree • Magic tree • Cursed magic tree • Bloodwood tree • Elder tree • Crystal tree
Ailanthus tree • Cedar tree • Cinnamon tree • Dramen tree • Dream tree • Mastic tree • Sassafras tree • Swaying tree • White tree • Windswept tree • Evil holly tree • Evil hawthorn tree • Blisterwood Tree
Calquat tree • Dramen Tree Spirit • Fyburglars tree • Giant ent • Golden Apple Tree • Grand Tree • Ivy • Leafy palm tree • Nice tree • Tree spirit • Undead tree • Scrapey tree • Spirit tree • Sq'irk tree • Strong tree • Wintumber tree • Witchwood tree • Young tree