|Release||26 January 2005 (Update)|
|Gimme five. Actually, don't.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|0 / 0 / 0|
|4 ticks (2.4s)|
|? (edit)||? (edit)|
Crawling hands are Slayer monsters that require level 5 Slayer to kill, and are the second Slayer monsters that beginning Slayers can kill, the first being gelatinous abominations. They frequently drop gloves and rings, since they are reanimated severed hands. They are also one of the creatures that will sometimes "die" in a perfect form, allowing you to get it stuffed by a taxidermist and mounted in your player-owned house. The stuffed hand along with 5 zeal points can also be exchanged for a creeping hand Summoning pet at Soul Wars.
Players can also kill skeletal hands and zombie hands as part of a crawling hand Slayer task. These monsters yield more slayer and combat experience than crawling hands and have better drops. Skeletal and zombie hands are found in the Meiyerditch Dungeon, which can only be accessed during and after the Legacy of Seergaze quest.
Despite common perception, crawling hands are living, so Salve amulets have no additional effect. Crawling hands can be fought on slayer contracts, giving 9.6 and 11.3 experience on special contracts for the level 11 and level 18 versions, respectively.
Crawling hands also appear within Daemonheim. For more information see Crawling hand (Daemonheim).
|Represents a 90% confidence range.|
Based on a sample of 64,598 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
Add data to the log
|Mystic gloves (dark)(m)||1||Very rare||6,896|
|Coins||4; 5; 8; 312; 442; 472||Common||4–472|
|Rare drop table||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Hand bone||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Crawling hand (item)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
A ring of wealth, luck potion or collector's insignia are not required to access the table.
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||217,125–265,375|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||19,128|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||25,276|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||611,685–747,615|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||561,255–935,425|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||64,159|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,053,675–1,287,825|
|Vecna skull||1||Very rare||72,324|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||500,240–631,072|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||155,675–196,390|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||49,250–68,950|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||14,445–17,655|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||249,975–305,525|
|Big bones||72–90 (noted)||Uncommon||26,064–32,580|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||304,920–372,680|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||12,960–15,840|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||209,340–255,860|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||40,012–45,728|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||385,830–471,570|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||1,001,880–1,224,520|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||41,475|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||622,125–760,375|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||438,570–536,030|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||483,930–591,470|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||292,365–357,335|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||180,000–220,000|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||8,778–10,032|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||1,492,900|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||11,025–13,475|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||143,550–175,450|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||128,250–156,750|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||38,970–47,630|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||657,180–803,220|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- The concept probably originated from the story, "La Main Gauche" from French author Guy de Maupassant. This theory is backed up by the ability to display the hand in one's home, as in the story. Another possible origin of the crawling hand might also be a reference to the Wallmasters/Floormasters from the Legend of Zelda series or Thing from The Addams Family. Another possible inspiration was from the B-movie "The Crawling Hand", in which an astronaut burns up and crash lands with his hand being the only surviving part, which becomes animated via radiation.
- One could surmise the idea of these crawling hands coming from Dr. Terror's House of Horrors, in which Christopher Lee's character (Marsh) is haunted by the severed, crawling hand of his enemy that committed suicide.
- With the release of Smoking Kills on 5 June 2008, their appearance was changed.
- The black markings seen on some of the crawling hands is very similar to the appearance of Ash's possessed hand from Evil Dead 2, which he severs with a chainsaw, after which crawls about on its own
- All crawling hands seem to be right hands.
- Crawling hands are the lowest level monster that drop the Vecna skull.