Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This article is about the scenery object found scattered around Gielinor. For other uses, see Crate (disambiguation).
A Crate is an object that players can find in many buildings and a few dungeons in RuneScape. Most crates in Gielinor are supplied by the Karamja Box Company. Crates serve almost no purpose, apart from being used during some Treasure Trails and quests. Clues for Treasure Trails and quest items are often hidden inside of them. For example, a clue might say something such as "Search the crate in a house in Varrock."
Crates have a "search" option. When searched, crates used to give random items, such as damaged armour, broken arrows, broken staffs, broken glass, leather boots, leather gloves, and small amounts of coins. Now searching crates does not have a purpose, unless they are involved in Treasure Trails, in which case searching them yields a scroll box.
Crates can be found in nearly every city, town, or village in RuneScape. Some areas with a particularly large number of crates include:
- If a player is in Karamja, they can pack bananas into a crate next to Luthas's house. This is the only crate in Runescape a player may pack things into.
- In Death to the Dorgeshuun, the player must pick up the crate Zanik was hiding in. A player could walk around holding the box, creating an awkward walking posture
- In Gertrude's Cat you need the find a kitten in a crate in Varrock lumberyard.
- In the witch's house in Taverley, a player can search a crate in her cellar and find cabbages, needles, leather items, thread, etc.
- In the Abandoned Mine of Morytania there exists "crates" with a lower case 'c'. These can be found floating in the swamped area around the lift on Level 5.
- In Canifis there is a crate in the bank that after searching for a while, will spawn either a rat, chicken or spider. It will also make any other NPCs in there (excluding bankers) attack you.