- Not to be confused with Karamja Volcano resource dungeon.
|Please upload an image!|
|Main Music||Dangerous Road|
|Inhabitants/Race||Undead, demons, spiders|
Click the map to view a larger version.
The Karamja Dungeon is located underneath the Karamja Volcano, and the Crandor Dungeon is located underneath Crandor. Both dungeons are connected to each other. In order for a player to gain full access to the Crandor dungeon, they must have completed the final fight in the quest Dragon Slayer. To enter, players should go to the top of Karamja volcano and climb down the rope.
Until the advent of the Stronghold of Security, this dungeon was the most dangerous non-Wilderness area for free-to-play. To both members and non-members, it was, and still is, a veritable epicenter of training. Its proximity to the major fishing area of non-members makes it all the more popular. Although Pest Control, experiments and Rock Crabs allow for faster training, making the dungeon obsolete for members, many still frequent the area for purposes of Slayer tasks, its proximity to a bank, and for somewhat common drops of the rune medium helmet. Red spiders' eggs, the principle ingredient in stat restore potions, can also be found here.
Notable Features Edit
- There is a wall in the Crandor Dungeon that, when pushed, takes the player to Karamja Dungeon, but only if the player has sailed to Crandor for Dragon Slayer.
- A dragon named Elvarg lives under Crandor. Players must slay her to complete the quest Dragon Slayer. Elvarg can only be fought once. Note that items in her lair cannot be telegrabbed from the outside.
- The entrance to TzHaar City can be found above the entrance to Karamja dungeon.
- There are Skeletons, Giant bats, Deadly red spiders, and Lesser demons under the volcano. Low-levelled players should bring food if they wish to enter.
- There are 4 gold rocks in the Karamjan Volcano Mine, but they are guarded by aggressive level 22 Skeletons.
- There are also red spider egg respawns near the wall to the Lesser demons. They are guarded by Deadly red spiders.
- When fighting Lesser demons In the Karamja Dungeon, if you click the centre of the small island in the lava, your character will go all the way around to the entrance of the dungeon. An easy getaway if in danger.
- A Resource dungeon can be found in the hallway with the Lesser Demons. It requires a Dungeoneering level of 25, and grants a one-time bonus of 2100 Dungeoneering Experience. Inside are more Lesser Demons in addition to many Imps.
- The area immediately south of the connecting wall is safe - no spiders come near it - and can be used to rest while killing demons.
- South of the pillar formations blocking Elvarg, there is a double pillar just above the lava pool and another across the dungeon with a space beside it. These are good safespots to rest, but very rarely a skeleton may enter them. A demon pursuing you through either will make them completely safe as the demon will be too big to enter AND will block the route for skeletons. Demons can also be halberded from these places.
- A - Rope up to the surface on the Karamja volcano. This is not shown on the minimap in the game.
- B - Entrance to TzHaar City (members only). (Note: TzHaar City entrance is now on top of volcano west of dungeon entrance with Update:TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework of 12 February 2012.)
- C - The four gold ore rocks of the Karamja Volcano Mine.
- D - "Secret" entrance between the two halves of the dungeon. There is no visible door there, just push on the wall to go through (progress in Dragon Slayer quest required).
- E - Entrance to Elvarg's lair. After Dragon Slayer, players cannot re-enter the lair.
- F - Rope up to the surface on Crandor. This is not shown on the minimap in the game.
- 1 - Level 22 Skeletons.
- 2 - Level 27 Giant bats (members only).
- 3 - Level 136 Deadly red spiders. There is one Red spiders' eggs spawn by the spiders.
- 4 - Level 100 Lesser demons. The southern-most chamber of demons has five single Fire rune spawns.
- 5 - Level 83 Elvarg
- 6 - Level 45 Skeletons
- 7 - Level 25 Skeletons
- Elvarg (level 90) (Aggressive, and can't be fought again after you take her head.)
- Skeletons (level 22, 25, and 45) (Aggressive to players below twice their level + 1.)
- Giant Bats (level 27) (Aggressive to players below twice their level + 1.)
- Deadly Red Spiders (level 136) (Aggressive to players below level 69.)
- Lesser Demons (level 100) (Non-Aggressive to all levels, and have a low attack and defence.) Provides good training to players (90+.)
- Dragon Slayer's final battle is located in the dungeon.