|Release||9 June 2010 (Update)|
|Destroy||Destroying this scroll will clear all the work you've done on the case. You won't be able to access the case again unless you get another court summons.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||A summons to the Seers' Village courthouse.|
A Court summons is an item required to take part in the Court Cases Distraction and Diversion. Completion of the King's Ransom quest is required to obtain a court summons. Players can only have one court summons at a time.
Reading the court summons, the player is inform which case has been assigned to them. Players seeking a specific court summons can destroy unwanted summons, allowing for another summons to be obtained. This can be useful for players looking for specific rewards, although it may be faster to complete the case, ensuring the case will not appear again.
Court summons can be obtained through a variety of means:
- Monster drops
- As a reward from Hard and Elite Treasure Trails
- As a reward from the Giant Oyster
- Randomly from caskets
- Randomly from tier 4 and greater magical chests, obtained from the Dwarven instinct aura
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
- The following table outlines suggested monsters that can reward a court summons when pickpocketed. This is not an exhaustive list.
|Al-Kharid warrior||25||Al Kharid palace|
|Warrior Woman||25||Ardougne, Varrock Castle|
|Knight of Ardougne||55||Ardougne market, Ardougne Castle|
|Paladin||70||Ardougne market, Ardougne Castle|
|Gnome||75||Tree Gnome Stronghold, Tree Gnome Village, Battlefield|
|Dwarf trader||90||Trade Octagon|
- Caskets — Purchasable from the Grand Exchange, this is potentially the quickest method of obtaining a court summons. However, each casket will cost the player 2,335 coins.
- Dwarven instinct aura — For players with a total level of 1401 or greater, magical chests have a chance to award court summons; up to 7 chests can be opened in an hour.
- Hill giants — Can be killed quickly by players with medium level combat skills. They drop court summons relatively often. Large numbers can be found within the Edgeville dungeon and resource dungeon.
- Pickpocketing — Players with a medium Thieving level will rarely be caught pickpocketing Al-Kharid warriors. It is suggested to equip a bow without arrows, or a weapon which prevents attacking, such as the Sculpting chisel to avoid entering combat against your Thieving target. Knights of Ardougne should be considered for players above level 70 Thieving.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|