|Release date||24 May 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||139 coins|
|Low alch||92 coins|
|Store price|| 232 coins|
|Exchange price||296 coins (info)|
|Examine||Used for enchant spells.|
The cosmic rune is a rune used primarily in enchanting spells. Enchanting spells enchant jewellery, such as rings and amulets, into something that has an effect when worn or operated. For example, when the player casts Enchant Level 4 Jewellery on diamond ring, the ring will become a ring of life. Cosmic runes are also used for the Lunar spells, NPC contact, Cure Me, and Cure Group. They can be crafted at the Cosmic Altar in Zanaris through the Runecrafting skill at level 27 for 8 experience per pure essence after the quest Lost City. At level 59 Runecrafting, the amount crafted doubles to 2 cosmic runes per pure essence.
Players may purchase cosmic runes for 232 coins from:
- Ali Morrisane (after completing The Feud quest) in north-eastern part of Al Kharid (300)
- Lundail's Arena-side Rune Shop in the Mage Arena (100)
- Mage Training Arena north of Duel Arena (unlimited stock; trade minigame points)
|Disassembly XP ?||0.1|
|Item quantity required ?||50|
|Base junk chance ?||98.9%|
|Total materials received ?||8|
|Dark wizard||7–11; 20–23||4||Uncommon|
|Scarab mage||66; 93; 107||3||Rare|
- Upon successfully mining to the centre of a Shooting Star from Distractions and Diversions and speaking to the sprite, you can receive up to 152 cosmic runes (for 200 stardust).
- Ice Plateau in Level 48 Wilderness has a respawn point for 3 cosmic runes.
- Up to 20 cosmic runes can be drawn from the wicked hood daily.
- Cosmic runes can be received from fire spirits while levelling Firemaking.
- The orientation of the crescent moon and star are opposite that in RuneScape Classic.