|Release date||5 June 2017 (Update)|
|Examine||A corrupted beetle from the depths below.|
Corrupted Scarabs may appear around Shifting Tombs entrances in Menaphos, at the mine in the worker district, and periodically outside the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon. They may also be found in the treasure chests in Shifting Tombs. They can be burst to gain a small amount of Reputation and a high amount of Slayer experience. However, this also deals damage to the player.
If multiple players click the same scarab they will all be able to burst it even if one player clicks later and the scarab has already been burst showing the splatter animation where it was.
After a teaser for the Magister, the scarabs started spawning in Menaphos.
- The Scarabs occasionally appear in Menaphos and will remain there for up to 5 minutes.
- There is a small chance of receiving a small bonus experience star or coins. Coins usually drop in groups of 202–499, but may rarely give 80,163–88,496 coins while bursting them.
- When Scarabs spawn in a world, there is a game message: Agitated scarabs have burrowed up onto the surface and are spreading corruption!
- Swarms appear at all four Shifting Tombs entrances, at the sandstone mine in the Worker District, and outside the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon simultaneously.
The experience and reputation gained from the Scarabs decreases with the amount of Scarabs squished. This decrease resets at 00:00 UTC. The base experience seems to be the experience a small XP lamp gives divided by 5.
|Current amount of scarabs slain||Reputation||Percentage of base experience/reputation|
|0 to 24||50||100%|
|25 to 36||25||50%|
|37 to 49||16.5||33%|
|50 to 62||12.5||25%|
|63 and higher||10||20%|
- Because Scarabs spawn at every entrance to the Shifting Tombs on the same world it is not necessary to fast-travel. Instead, the player can stay in one spot.
- It is recommended to stay at the Merchant district entrance to the Shifting Tombs, because players can heal at the bank when their health is low.
- A player may enter the Shifting Tombs and go back to the same district to respawn Scarabs rather than quick travelling to another district.
- A player may click on a single Scarab multiple times to get more rewards from it; however, this will damage the player as many times as they click on it. It is possible to click on the Scarab several times and not get more rewards.
- If you die to bursting a scarab, and then return right away to the spot where the scarabs were, all of the scarabs will have respawned, including the ones you have already burst. This allows you to burst more than the usual number of scarabs, but it may be a glitch.
|Menaphite gift offering||