This article is about the corrupt version of the Zuriel's staff. For the normal version of this item, see Zuriel's staff.
|Release date||15 October 2008 (Update)|
|High Alch||42,000 coins|
|Low Alch||28,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||256,527 coins (info)|
|Examine||This item degrades while worn, and will turn to dust.|
A Corrupt zuriel's staff is a weaker version of Zuriel's staff. It is gained by killing Revenants in the Forinthry Dungeon or as a very rare drop from the Chaos Elemental. It requires 20 level Attack and 20 Magic, and lasts only for 15 minutes of wielding. After the time is up, the staff will vanish.
Warning: Once you wield this item for longer than around 30 seconds, it will have the word (deg) added to its name and it becomes untradeable. Using this item in combat adds the (deg) to its name instantly, also rendering it untradeable.
The Corrupt zuriel's staff used to allow a player to autocast Ancient Magicks spells or elemental spells, however this function is now obsolete. It also unlocks the Miasmic spells from the Ancient Magicks spellbook, which, if successful, lower the foe's Ranged and Melee attack speeds by 50%.
Most players who have 78 attack would buy the non-corrupt Zuriel's staff as the price differences between them are very small, the normal version has much higher stats and the corrupt staff degrades much faster. The price of corrupt zuriel's staff is largely affected by pures who don't have 78 attack and thus have to use a corrupt version of the staff to use miasmic spells.
- As an hour contains 6000 ticks, there are 1500 ticks in a 15 minute period and a magical spell is able to be casted once per 5 ticks, you are able to cast 300 combat spells with this staff before it degrades. Thus, each spell costs approximately an extra 855.1 when using this staff, in addition to the runes that have to be used.
A player wielding a corrupt zuriel's staff
|[view] • [talk]|
Dropping monsters Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Revenant pyrefiend 52 1 Rare Revenant goblin 15,22,30,37 1 Very rare Revenant imp 7 1 Very rare Revenant cyclops 82 1 Unknown Revenant demon 98 1 Unknown Revenant hellhound 90 1 Unknown Revenant hobgoblin 60 1 Unknown Revenant icefiend 45 1 Unknown Revenant vampyre 68 1 Unknown Revenant werewolf 75 1 Unknown Revenant dark beast 120 1 Rare Revenant dragon 135 1 Rare Revenant knight 126 1 Rare Chaos Elemental 305 1 Very rare Revenant ork 105 1 Unknown
- This staff seems to be holding the missing miasmic diamond from Desert Treasure.
- Miasmic spells can be cast on NPC's, however it will not slow down their attack speed.
- Although there was an updated version of the staff in the teaser pictures for the updated Zuriel's armour, the staff wasn't updated along with the armour. This may be unintentional, like with the Void knight deflector and Full slayer helmet (now fixed) and may be fixed later on.
- A silhouette of the updated Zuriel staff could be seen on the bonfire banner on the RuneScape homepage. The specific reason for this is unknown, but it may be a spoiler of the Zuriel staff being updated in the near future.
Ahrim's • Ancient Enhanced • Blisterwood • Broken • Caitlin's • Crozier • Dominion • Dramen • Iban's • Lunar • MindspikeTower • Penance trident • Pharaoh's sceptre • Polypore • Rod of Ivandis • Sacred clay • Skull sceptre • Slayer's • Staff of Armadyl • Staff of light • StarfireStarfury • Third-age druidic • Toktz-mej-tal • Wizards' Tower Zuriel's corrupt