- This article has a strategy guide here.
|Also called||Corp beast, Corp|
|Release date||15 September 2008 (Update)|
|XP per kill||8750 (and 2887.5 experience)|
|Examine text||A vision of supernatural horror.|
|Location on World Map|
|Red Dragon Isle||←||Corporeal Beast's caverns||→||Bone Yard|
|Graveyard of Shadows|
The Corporeal Beast is currently the fourth strongest attackable monster in RuneScape, behind Queen Black Dragon, Nex, and Kalphite King . It was released on 15 September, 2008 with the Summer's End quest, and completion of the quest is required to fight it. On 15 October, 2008, Jagex added a new attack (Stomp), which harms players underneath it. The Beast's health bar is three times as long as usual.
It has a very high defence and 100,000 life points, making it challenging to solo. The Corporeal Beast will fully restore his life points if players leave its cavern.
Gravestones will not appear within the area. Lost items will become visible to other players after 3.5 minutes and disappear after another minute. It's possible to get back within a minute, especially by choosing to protect the games necklace.
HabitatEditThe Beast resides in the caverns north of the ruined farms in the Wilderness at level 45, in the final of the three connected caverns. The caverns themselves are not part of the wilderness.
The easiest way to get to the Corporeal beast is to teleport there using a Games Necklace, using the "Corporeal beast" option and then walk through the caverns to the third, final room. The caverns can also be entered from the Wilderness.
If players have not completed Summer's End, they cannot use the games necklace teleport. In addition, they cannot enter if they have completed Summer's End to the point where they collapse the cave entrance in the real world.
Unique drops Edit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Spectral sigil 1 Very rare 9,717,833 Arcane sigil 1 Very rare 29,504,771 Elysian sigil 1 Very rare 128,269,643 Divine sigil 1 Very rare 226,144,704
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 3,628 kills.
13 charms are dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 15 or more creatures killed).
The "uncuts" drop is an uncommon drop, which is always consisting of an uncut gem and one or more of the following:
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 500, 3 – 7 times Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 – 6 Common 1,143–6,858 Uncut emerald 1 – 6 Common 1,783–10,698 Uncut ruby 1 – 3 Uncommon 3,576–10,728 Uncut diamond 1 – 3 Uncommon 7,160–21,480 Nature talisman 1 – 2 Uncommon 270–540
Although the Corporeal beast does not have a reference to the Rare Drop Table, there is an incredibly low chance of an additional item from the RDT. This drop can only occur in combination with the "uncuts" drop, and does not require a Ring of Wealth.
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Spirit shield 1 Uncommon 40,353 Adamant arrow 750 Common 38,250 Runite bolts 250 Common 100,000 Cannonball 2,000 Common 372,000 Mystic air staff 1 Common 38,026 Mystic water staff 1 Common 25,318 Mystic earth staff 1 Common 24,990 Mystic fire staff 1 Common 25,119 Mystic robe top (blue) 1 Uncommon 71,312 Mystic robe bottom (blue) 1 Uncommon 47,278 Regen bracelet 1 Uncommon 119,886 Onyx bolts (e) 175 Uncommon 1,545,775
Essence and runesEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Pure essence 2,500 (noted) Common 212,500 Law rune 250 Common 44,750 Cosmic rune 500 Common 75,500 Death rune 300 Common 27,900 Soul rune 250 Common 30,250
Ores, bars and woodEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Adamantite ore 125 (noted) Common 189,750 Runite ore 20 (noted) Common 208,380 Adamant bar 35 (noted) Common 110,880 Teak plank 100 (noted) Common 80,700 Mahogany logs 150 (noted) Common 84,750 Magic logs 75 (noted) Common 121,800
Secondaries and seedEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Raw shark 70 (noted) Common 69,020 White berries 120 (noted) Common 104,640 Desert goat horn 120 (noted) Common 129,960 Watermelon seed 24 Common 48,240 Ranarr seed 10–15 Uncommon 10,190–15,285
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Tuna potato 30 Common 30,900 Green dragonhide 100 (noted) Common 197,500 Antipoison++ (4) 40 (noted) Uncommon 12,000 Spin ticket 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Holy elixir 1 Rare 807,518 Crystal key 1 Very rare 22,735
Rare drop tableEdit
This monster can drop items from the Rare drop table.
|Show the additonal drops of the rare drop table|
- Since everything in the spirit realm is the opposite of what is in Gielinor, the Corporeal Beast is in Gielinor because the player defeats the beast in the spirit realm at the end of Summers End, causing it to become real in Gielinor.
- During the 9 June 2009 game engine update glitch, players could solo the Corporeal Beast because it would not retaliate using magic. It could, however, stomp players. The only users known to be banned were the ones who revealed their names in posted videos in internet.
- An update to the ring of wealth on 15 March 2011 caused its effect to stack depending on the amount of clan members with lootshare enabled. This caused the Corporeal Beast, and other bosses regularly hunted by clans, to drop sigils and other rare items at a high frequency. This bug was patched within an hour of its release. Jagex later issued a statement with an apology and revealed that there would be no rollbacks.
- If you look carefully and go to the Beast's spawn point, you'll see parts of a room that is used for Nomad's Requiem.
- When you kill the Beast, your Adventurer's Log will say: "I killed the Corporeal Beast, a vision of supernatural horror.
- Killing more then one will say "I killed # Corporeal Beast, both/all visions of supernatural horror."
- Unlike most bosses/monsters, collecting an item such as a mystic robe bottom from the Beast will result in "After killing the Corporeal Beast, it dropped a mystic robe (top/bottom)."
- The place the Corporeal Beast resides in is in the Wilderness. However, if the player checks the Task list, it will say it is in the Gnome Lands.
- If a player dies in the Corporeal Beast's lair, they will have to restart from the beginning again. This is similar to Nex, though Nex will disappear instead of wandering around.
- The Corporeal Beast has the highest priced loot a player may get, which is the divine sigil.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the Corporeal Beast was commonly killed in any LootShare world, because of the ease of banking. After its release, very few players will solo it because of its ability to hit players hard along with the core not being stunned by poison anymore.
- When the player kills the Beast and gets a sigil, it will be shown on the News Feed.
- Random events after death were re-introduced at the Items Kept on Death update. A player will still be able to retrieve their lost items, even if they encounter the Maze random event.
- There is/was a bug which would trigger the dark energy core indefinitely, flooding the entire cavern with them.
- The beast appears on one of the possible images in elite clue sliding puzzles.
- Corporeal Beast means transmorphed between two worlds (possibly a reference to the spirit world and the real world).
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|TzTok-Jad||Strongest monster in RuneScape||Nex|