- This article has a strategy guide here.
|Also called||Corp beast, Corp|
|Release date||15 September 2008 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Examine text||A vision of supernatural horror.|
The Corporeal Beast (also known as the Corp Beast or Corp) is currently the fourth strongest attackable monster in RuneScape, behind Queen Black Dragon, Nex and Har'Aken. It was released on 15 September, 2008 with the Summer's End quest, and completion of the quest is required to fight it. On 15 October, 2008, Jagex added a new attack (Stomp), which harms players underneath it. The beast's health bar is three times as long as usual.
The monster resides in a multicombat area which can be accessed using a Games necklace, and has a very high defence and 20,000 Life points, making it challenging to solo. The Corporeal beast will fully restore his life points if all players have left the cave.
Gravestones will not appear within the area. Lost items will become visible to other players after 3.5 minutes and disappear after another minute. It's possible to get back within a minute, especially by choosing to protect the Games necklace.
HabitatThe Beast resides in the caves north of the ruined farms in the Wilderness, in the final room. If players have not completed Summer's End, they see a caved in version of the cave entrance.
The easiest way to get to the Corporeal beast is to teleport there using a Games Necklace, using the "Corporeal beast" option and then walk through the caves to the third, final room.
Finding a team
If players need a team to fight the Corporeal beast, he/she should have a look at the official RuneScape Forums, at the Teamwork section.
Most teams will want players to have at least a Zamorakian spear, Royal d'hide, Black d'hide or ganodermic armour, as well as the highest stat-boosting potions and prayers that players have available to them.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Spectral sigil 1 Very rare 9,717,833 Arcane sigil 1 Very rare 29,504,771 Elysian sigil 1 Very rare 128,269,643 Divine sigil 1 Very rare 226,144,704
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 3,628 kills.
13 charms are dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 15 or more creatures killed).
The "uncuts" drop is an uncommon drop, which is always consisting of an uncut gem and one or more of the following:
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 500, 3 – 7 times Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 – 6 Common 1,107–6,642 Uncut emerald 1 – 6 Common 1,903–11,418 Uncut ruby 1 – 3 Uncommon 3,112–9,336 Uncut diamond 1 – 3 Uncommon 7,110–21,330 Nature talisman 1 – 2 Uncommon 195–390
Although the Corporeal beast does not have a reference to the Rare Drop Table, there is an incredibly low chance of an additional item from the RDT. This drop can only occur in combination with the "uncuts" drop, and does not require a Ring of Wealth.
Weapons and armour
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Spirit shield 1 Uncommon 40,812 Adamant arrow 750 Common 39,000 Runite bolts 250 Common 93,000 Cannonball 2,000 Common 520,000 Mystic air staff 1 Common 36,862 Mystic water staff 1 Common 24,943 Mystic earth staff 1 Common 25,088 Mystic fire staff 1 Common 26,167 Mystic robe top (blue) 1 Uncommon 72,090 Mystic robe bottom (blue) 1 Uncommon 47,521 Regen bracelet 1 Uncommon 123,163 Onyx bolts (e) 175 Uncommon 1,548,575
Essence and runes
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Pure essence 2,500 (noted) Common 170,000 Law rune 250 Common 47,500 Cosmic rune 500 Common 71,000 Death rune 300 Common 50,100 Soul rune 250 Common 31,000
Ores, bars and wood
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Adamantite ore 125 (noted) Common 178,875 Runite ore 20 (noted) Common 211,320 Adamant bar 35 (noted) Common 98,840 Teak plank 100 (noted) Common 81,400 Mahogany logs 150 (noted) Common 83,250 Magic logs 75 (noted) Common 122,475
Secondaries and seed
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Raw shark 70 (noted) Common 71,820 White berries 120 (noted) Common 118,440 Desert goat horn 120 (noted) Common 113,760 Watermelon seed 24 Common 46,872 Ranarr seed 10–15 Uncommon 8,400–12,600
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Holy elixir 1 Rare 793,491 Tuna potato 30 Common 39,870 Green dragonhide 100 (noted) Common 252,800 Antipoison++ (4) 40 (noted) Uncommon 9,120 Coins 20,000–50,000 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Spin Ticket 1 Rare Not sold Crystal key 1 Very rare 34,360
Note: Unlike most monsters, a clue scroll from the Corporeal Beast is considered a primary drop, i.e. it is not dropped with any other item (excluding charms).
Rare drop table
This monster can drop items from the Rare drop table.
- During the 9 June 2009 game engine update glitch, players could solo the Corporeal Beast because it would not retaliate using magic. It could, however, stomp players. The only users known to be banned were the ones who revealed their names in posted videos in internet.
- An update to the ring of wealth on 15 March 2011 caused the effect of the updated Ring of Wealth to stack depending on the amount of clan members with lootshare enabled. This caused the Corporeal Beast, and other bosses regularly hunted by clans, to drop sigils and other rare items at a high frequency. This bug was patched within an hour of its release. Jagex later issued a statement with an apology and revealed that there would be no rollbacks.
- Random events after death were re-introduced at the Items Kept on Death update. A player will still be able to retrieve their lost items, even if they encounter the Maze random event.
- There is/was a bug which would trigger the dark energy core indefinitely, flooding the entire cavern with them.
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|TzTok-Jad||Strongest monster in RuneScape||Nex|