The Corporeal Beast is a boss monster that can be fought after completing the quest Summer's End. It is commonly killed for the consistency of value of its drops. It has an excellent drop rate of blue charms, and drops all types of charms at a rate of 13 at a time, beaten only by a few select monsters, including Nex and the Kalphite King. It also has a chance to drop an elite clue scroll.
The Corporeal Beast is unique in that its armour will reduce incoming attacks by 50%, apart from spears which do full damage. It will also devour any familiars apart from the clan avatar, healing from them if the Beast has taken any damage.
- Melee attack: A swipe or lunge at the player. Hits 3000 maximum.
- Magic attack:
- Hard hitting: A large magical orb. Hits around 5000 maximum.
- Stat drain: A small, faint looking white orb. Should it hit more than 0, it will drain one of these stats: Magic, Summoning or Prayer. If these stats are already depleted it will deal extra life point damage (around 150-250) instead.
- Multi-split: It is very similar to the Beast's attacks in Summer's End. This attack can be avoided by simply moving out of the way. The first hit (prior to splitting) can miss; although if it hits, it can hit anywhere from 1600-2000 magic damage. It will then split into five smaller orbs that will land around the larger orb's initial spot and can hit anywhere from 200-900 damage (which can miss).
- Dark core: The Beast summons a Dark energy core. If you're within a 3x3 radius (the tile the core is on and 1 tile in any direction), it will deal rapid damage (from 150-600) to any nearby players, sending this damage into health for the Beast and also draining prayer points from the players who are hit by the core. The amount of players and the amount of damage it takes will affect when the dark core will be summoned. If the core is killed, the Beast will send out another core.
The Corporeal Beast can use its attacks even against players that stand under it.
Unlike other boss monsters, protection prayers/deflect curses will partially work against the Corporeal Beast; it will not cut its damage by half but by a little amount.
How to get thereEdit
Using a Games necklace, the fourth option "Corporeal Beast" teleport players to the entrance of the first chamber.
Using the Max Guild Boss Portal in Prifddinas will take you right next to the Corporeal Beast's chamber.
The Corporeal Beast is in a safe place, provided the player doesn't exit the cavern, as this leads to the Wilderness. The Corporeal Beast resides in the same room as the Spirit Beast at the end of Summer's End.
When killing the Beast, players must note that all non-spear weapons will deal only 50% damage. Therefore, the most popular weapons to use are the Mizuyari, and the chaotic and Zamorakian spears. Even though Vesta's spear can be used (being in the middle of the chaotic and zamorakian spear stat wise), its high cost and 1 hour limit makes it very ineffective.
When ranging the beast, players will only be attacked by magic attacks, and can easily avoid the area of effect magic attacks, compared to meleers who run the risk of being attacked with melee and magic. Regardless of combat style, it is always important to Protect/Deflect Magic because its magic hits much higher compared to its melee attack.
Protect/Deflect Magic prayer should be used in conjunction with the Devotion ability. This will lower the Beast's magic damage to 1 for 10 seconds. Also, a successful Debilitate hit halves damage received by 50% for 8 seconds. These abilities should be used as frequently as possible as the Beast hits often and hard, depleting food fast.
When the dark core spawns, it is mandatory to move or the core will deal too much damage while taking that damage and converting it to health for the Beast. When using a melee setup, hold Hurricane, Quake, and Cleave for when the core spawns. Since these three abilities can hit the square under you, it is possible to kill the core without diverting attention from the Beast.
Dreadnips are recommended to be brought as they can stun and poison the beast as well as inflict moderate damage.
The blood necklaces are very useful while fighting the Corporeal Beast as the health sapped is very useful and continuous, allowing multiple solo kills per trip and saving food significantly, however, amulet of souls will reduce the damage taken from mage attacks while increasing accuracy more, killing the beast faster and as such is often considered more effective.
A shield can help when killing the Beast. Resonance can be used to heal off its magic attacks while Reflect can be used to bounce back massive damage onto the Beast due to its high hitting attacks. Super restores are not entirely needed but can help to restore lost stat points and prevent the Beast from dealing extra damage when attempting to drain a completely drained stat.
Should a player be unable to find an empty world, they can also pay 300,000 coins (225,000 with reduced instances perk) for a one-hour instance of the Beast. Note that the player is taken straight into the boss chamber and the Beast spawns in the middle of the room rather than the east.
MeleeEditExample action bar setup:
Using a spear (which should always be done) allows the use of Quake, which lowers defence and should be used with at least two successful hits as the Beast has a very high armour rating. Quake should be the first priority threshold until the Beast has been hit twice by successful Quake hits in order to lower its defence. Alternatively, a Statius's warhammer can be used (draining far more defence then Quake), but is not recommended since it is extremely expensive and the fact that the Beast is far more easier to kill.
Pulverise deals a hefty amount of damage as well as reducing the damage the Beast will inflict by 25% for 30 seconds, proving to be the best ultimate ability available for 2H users. Berserk can increase kill speed, but is not recommended if soloing as you will take much more damage and most likely be unable to use efficiently. Note that even in groups, due to the potential of dealing incredibly powerful attacks, the Beast may start focusing on you.
When Devotion is being used, it is best to run back and forth to only be hit by the Beast's magic attack during that time, making use of the ability effectively.
Recommended Equipment - Melee Edit
- ^ While providing no attack bonus, goliath gloves lower the stats of the beast most, notably Defence
Recommended equipment - RangedEdit
While ranging, players will only take damage from the Beast's magic attacks, and avoid all melee attacks. All attacks from any style (except using spears) will deal 50% less damage.