The Cooking cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Cooking skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Cooking hood from the Head Chef at the Cooks' Guild by players who have achieved level 99 in Cooking. This cape can also be used to enter the Cooks' Guild instead of a Varrock armour 3 or a Chef's hat.
The cape is considered one of the easiest Capes of Accomplishment to get due to its simplicity and fast experience rates. It is possible for high level players to get up to 400,000 experience per hour. This has led to the belief that it is a "catalyst" 99. Such 99s are skills that are trained after a harder 99 has been achieved and the player wishes to easily trim his/her cape without much effort.
The cape has an emote, lasting 14 seconds, during which the player makes a meat pie. It is the longest level 99 cape emote in the game. The Cooking cape must be equipped in order to perform the emote.
Should a player achieve skill mastery in a second skill after Cooking, the Cooking cape will turn into a Cooking cape (t), which is the trimmed version of the original cape. The Cooking cape (t) has a red trim.
Talking to Head chef gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a keepsake key.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The Cooking cape's perk prevents all food from burning while cooking, making it superior to the Cooking Gauntlets.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Head chef||Cooks' Guild||99,000||Coins||∞||No|
- Currently, 204,671 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- The Cooking cape's perk has no effect on foods that have a 100% burn rate, such as Raw chompy cooked directly on a fire, or raw oomlie. It also does not prevent the player from intentionally burning cooked meat.
- The Cooking cape's trim is the similar to the Slayer cape's.
- The base colour of the cape is close to portal purple, a colour in Thessalia's Fine Clothes in Varrock.
- There was a glitch with the emote where the meat goes through the pan and the pie top lands onto your hand. It was later patched.