|Release date||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|Store price|| 99,000 coins|
|Examine||The cape worn by the world's best chefs.|
The Cooking cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Cooking skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Cooking hood from the Head Chef at the Cooks' Guild by players who have achieved level 99 in Cooking. Cooking capes are purple in colour, and have a red trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill. This cape can also be used to enter the Cooking Guild instead of a Varrock armour 3 or a Chef's hat.
The cape is considered one of the easiest Capes of Accomplishment to get, although it is still somewhat difficult to get level 99. Cooking is considered to be one of the easiest skillcapes to achieve due to its simplicity and fast experience rate. In cases of high level players, it is possible to get up to 400,000 experience per hour. This has led to the belief that it is a "catalyst" 99. Such 99s are skills that are trained after a harder 99 has been achieved and the player wishes to easily trim his/her cape without much effort.
The cape has an emote, lasting 14 seconds, during which the player makes a meat pie. It is the longest level 99 cape emote in the game. The Cooking cape must be equipped in order to perform the emote.
Should a player have another level 99, the Cooking cape will become a Cooking cape (t).
A player wearing a trimmed Cooking cape.
A player wearing an untrimmed Cooking cape.
|[view] • [talk]|
- Currently, 188,323 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- The Cooking Skill cape, with a duration of 14.2 seconds, was the longest emote in RuneScape, until the Max cape was released on 3 May 2011, lasting 25 seconds.
- The Cooking cape's trim is the similar to the Slayer cape's.
- The base colour of the cape is close to portal purple, a colour in Thessalia's Fine Clothes in Varrock.
- There was a glitch with the emote where the meat goes through the pan and the pie top lands onto your hand. It was later patched.