|Release date||17 March 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||21 coins|
|Low alch||14 coins|
|Store price|| 36 coins|
|Exchange price||326 coins (info)|
|Examine||Keeps the doctor away.|
Cooking apples are items used primarily as an ingredient to make apple pies, summer pies and cider, although they are not edible on their own. They can be obtained from the Cooks' Guild or otherwise harvested from an apple tree grown from an apple tree seed in a fruit tree patch by a player with a Farming level of 27 or higher.
|Giant spider||4; 48; 57||2||Rare|
- 1 - Richard's Farming Shop in the Ardougne farm house, near the lodestone.
- 3 - Two on the first floor; one on the second floor of the Cooks' Guild (spawn time is around 40 seconds).
- 3 barrels - on the Lady Zay, while at the Pirates' Cove (1 barrel is in the hull).
- 5 barrels - on the pirates' ship at Lunar Island. 1 barrel is on the deck, 4 are in the hull. 2 of the barrels in the hull are inaccessible.
- 50 maximum - Culinaromancer's Chest for 36 coins each. Requires the Recipe for Disaster quest (subquests not needed) to be completed. The maximum number of apples in stock increases as more Recipe for Disaster subquests are completed.
One easy way to make money from cooking apples is to pick them up at the Cooks' Guild (with 32 Cooking) and then sell them on the Grand Exchange. To increase the amount of money made per hour, you may pick up the chocolate bar (336 coins each) or grapes (1,557 coins each) also found in the Cooks' Guild.
- The apple's examine of "Keeps the doctor away" is the latter half of the proverb, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." A barrel of apples (non-carryable) completes the proverb with its examine of "An apple a day..."
- When the cursor is hovered over any edible food, the icon for eating is an image of a bitten cooking apple. However, cooking apples cannot actually be eaten.
- A young Ozan is shown to have stolen a red apple in the stalls of Taverley in the RuneScape cinematic trailer.
- There are a lot of apple trees south of the Tree Gnome Stronghold, however the player cannot pick any apples from these.
|Wikipedia has an article about:|