|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||Cook's Assistant, Recipe for Disaster|
|Location||Lumbridge castle kitchen|
|Examine|| Lumbridge Castle's head cook.|
The Cook is Duke Horacio's personal cook. He usually seems unprepared, but with help, he prepares great food. He is found in the Lumbridge Castle kitchen and is the starting point for the Cook's Assistant and Recipe for Disaster quests. Completing Cook's Assistant quest grants use of his magical range, which lowers the chance of burning food compared to other ranges. In Recipe For Disaster, it is revealed that his ancestor defeated the Culinaromancer, which he unintentionally bring back when the player gives him the food required to unseal him.
Players may also need to speak to him for certain Treasure Trails.
- If a player tries to use the Lumbridge castle range, without completion of Cook's Assistant, the Cook exlaims "Hey, who said you could use that?" angrily.
- The Cooking Tutor bears a strong resemblance to the Lumbridge cook, having the same appearance. The same applies with his brother, except shirt and trousers of different colours.
- On examining the Cook and the Cook's brother, there is a slight difference. For the Cook, the examine is "The head cook of Lumbridge castle." and on his brother's, the "castle" is capitalised, to "Castle"
- If you talk to the cook after Cook's Assistant, the Cook says: "The Duke really enjoyed the cake and he just wanted to thank you some more", giving 500 coins and 20 noted sardines.
- Right clicking the Cook, an icon shows up next to his name, with a Chef's Hat, as the symbol of the quest Cook's Assistant, one of the first 3 updated quests, along with Sheep Shearer and Ernest the Chicken, granting extra rewards.
- Talking to him about use of his magical range, he hands out a book called the "Cook-o-matic manual".
- He is one of the people invited by the Queen of Snow to the Festive Dinner. When the Snow Imp summons him, he exclaims, "By Guthix, no!" hinting that he is a Guthixian.
- During the 2009 Christmas event event, the cook said he enjoyed food been stolen by Ebenezer Scourge because he can cook another feast for the event. Upon finishing the event, having restored the feast, he says he is upset because his opportunity for further cooking was ruined.
- During the 2009 Christmas event, he was seen wearing red and green checkered pants, wearing a chef hat with mistletoe attached to it.
- If the player talks to him and states that you keep dying, he'll say "At least you keep coming back to life!" Referencing the players' ability to respawn.