|Member requirement||Members only|
|Length||Medium (~35 minutes)|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Tunnels under SophanemEdit
- Talk to the High Priest in Sophanem , then after the cutscene, .
- Talk to Jex in the north-east corner of the city.
- Climb down the ladder in the nearby building, and down again.
- Protect from magic prayers and auto-retaliate off is recommended.
- Follow the red line through the maze (pictured right).
- You can avoid traps by clicking on them, or walking round them where appropriate.
- For high level players you can take the ladder marked (2) and run to ladder (6) to skip most the maze.
- Climb down the ladder.
- Search Kaleef's body and read the parchment.
- Talk to Maisa to the west.
- Talk to Osman inside the Al Kharid palace.
- Prepare to fight a level 86 foe.
- Talk to Osman outside Sophanem.
- Run all the way back to Kaleef's body.
The final fightEdit
- Kill the giant scarab and take the keris.
- Talk to Osman.
- Return to the High Priest (there is no shortcut back, teleporting is possible).
- Quest complete!
- 1 quest point
- Keris, a dagger which is very effective against Kalphites and Scarabs
- 7,000 experience
- Access to Sophanem's bank under the Temple of Lesser Deities in the northeast corner (useful for Pyramid Plunder)
- Coenus will allow a one-way passage from Menaphos to Sophanem.
- Combat lamp giving 2 wishes each granting 7,000 experience to:
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
|Part 5 of the Desert quest series|
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|