|Also known as||LP, HP|
|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
as of 30 Sep 2014
as of 30 Sep 2014
|Players with 120||1,823|
as of 30 Sep 2014
The current minimum requirement to be ranked (at approximately rank 1,567,902) on the hiscores for Constitution is level 15. As of 30 September 2014, there are 174,260 current members that have achieved level 99 in Constitution.
The maximum number of life points a player may have without any armour or boosts is 100 times their Constitution level. Players begin with a Constitution level of 10 and thus 1000 life points, and their life points are increased by 100 for every Constitution level gained. As such, a player with level 99 Constitution has 9900 life points.
Outside Daemonheim and minigames, 10,810 life points (13,052 with temporary boosts from rocktail soup and bonfires) may be reached by wearing Superior Tetsu/Death lotus/Sea singer equipment, Malevolent/Vengeful/Merciless kiteshields, Automaton gloves, Superior reefwalker's cape/Completionist cape, and Glacor boots. Free players may reach maximum of at least 9900 life points.
The number of life points a monster has varies between 1 and 3,141,592. The Penance King has the most lifepoints of any monster, followed by Demon bosses (480,000), Wahisietel (450,000), the Kalphite King (260,000) and Hati, Sköll and Vorago (250,000). The Party Demons had 200,000,000 lifepoints; however, it only appeared prior to the Evolution of Combat as a short event, and all use of lifepoints on the monster was exaggerated as a commemoration to Jagex having reached 200,000,000 registered accounts. The Zamorakian siege beast and Saradominist colossus had 212,500 lifepoints, but only appeared during the final week of the Battle of Lumbridge. Also of note is Vorago, who in hard mode has 2,250,000 lifepoints in total, although this is a combined total of his lifepoints in every phase, and not all at once.
The monsters with the lowest amount of life points are the rabbits in the Enchanted Valley, ogre shamans during the Watchtower Quest, the False Users from One of a Kind, and the Evil creatures from the quests The Eyes of Glouphrie and The Path of Glouphrie with only 1 Life point. The Steel Titan has the highest amount of life points for a summoning familiar at 10,900 life points, followed by the Pack yak and Iron titan.
Any player or creature who is hit in a fight will have a life bar shown above them, which represents their life points. There are two colours on the bar: green and red. The green part of the bar is on the left and represents how many life points the player has remaining. The red part of the bar appears on the right and represents how much damage has been taken away from their maximum life points. This allows an easy estimation of the percentage of health a player has left.
Players may look to their Action bar to see their current maximum life points as well as how many they have remaining.
Poison (Members only)Edit
A player may become poisoned during a fight. This effect will continue to reduce life points periodically, even after the fight is over. The body's natural defences will gradually neutralise the poison, however.
For instance, if a player is hit by another player that poisons them, they would be hit for an initial amount of damage depending on the type of poison they were using. As time goes on the amount of damage is slowly reduced until it is gone. Players may cure the poison at any time with an antipoison or Super antipoison potion made using the Herblore skill. Super antiposions will give a player temporary immunity to any poison-based attack. This is especially useful in the Pyramid Plunder Thieving Minigame.
Please also note that if you are poisoned in a Members' server but then switch to a Free server, you WILL remain poisoned with no way to cure it (aside from eating food to offset the damage) until you switch back to a Members' server.
When a player dies, they will respawn, meaning they will live again. Normally, the player will keep three of their items they were carrying (see above for exceptions).
- Free players, can choose to respawn in Lumbridge, or at the last major hub.
- For members, they will initially have the same options, but can gain additional ones by completing quests:
To earn experience in Constitution, a player has to fight or do a quest that rewards Constitution experience. Alternatively, one could use an item that gives a specific amount of experience (for example, experience lamps or quest rewards).
When fighting, a player receives Constitution experience upon the kill. The amount of experience earned is found using the known combat experience for the offensive skills: . Constitution experience is earned at one third the rate of Attack, Ranged, Strength and Defence, making this one of the slowest skills to train, although it may be gained fast if you are focusing on Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged or Magic too.
Recovering life pointsEdit
A player can heal to restore their life points back to or even over its maximum. There are a number of ways to do this:
- Let it recharge on its own. A player naturally heals at the rate of 0.1% of maximum life points (rounded down) every six seconds when not in combat.
- Resting restores 1% of life points (rounded up) every 6 seconds (in addition to the 0.1% normally).
- Listening to a Musician restores 1% of life points every 3 seconds.
- The prayer Rapid Heal doubles the rate at which life points naturally restore.
- The prayer Rapid Renewal reduces the interval between natural healing to the users Life points from 6 seconds to 1.2 seconds.
- The Regeneration aura doubles the rate at which life points naturally restore.
- The Regen bracelet triples the rate at which life points naturally restore.
- The lunar spell Dream restores life points at the rate of 5 times more than normal.
- Entering a bank or using a bank chest heals about 500 life points a second
- The recovery rate for life points, in life points per minute, is given by adding natural regeneration (max life points divided by 1000. rounded down) to any regeneration increases (Rest has its own separate timer).
Interval Boost Rest* 1% LP 6 seconds 1 Listening to a musician* 1% LP 3 seconds 1 Rapid heal prayer** N/A N/A 2 Rapid renewal prayer** N/A N/A 5 Regen bracelet 3x natural Natural N/A Dream spell* N/A N/A 5 Regeneration aura N/A N/A 2
- * Resting, listening to a musician, and the dream spell cannot be combined.
- ** The Rapid renewal and rapid heal prayer cannot be used together.
- The maximum life point recovery rate without a familiar is 2510.5 a minute, using the best available equipment for maximum life points, having 99 constitution, wearing a regen bracelet, and using rapid renewal to cut the natural healing interval to a fifth of its normal time, and resting at the same time. For free to play the maximum life point regeneration, without using degrading equipment, is 918.5 life points a minute.
- All restorations run on separate clocks. Resting/Listening to music/moving status on player is updated by one clock while the players natural regeneration is one a second clock. This second clock can be sped up using Rapid heal and Rapid renewal.
- Eating food recovers life points. The full life points for a food can only be obtained if the player's constitution level is at least as high as the level of the food, which is generally the cooking level required to prepare the food (there are exceptions where the levels differ, such as the Tuna potato and Cavefish). For example, a Rocktail heals 1860 life points if the player has a constitution level of 93 or higher. If the player's constitution level is 92, it only heals 1472 life points, which is worse than a Shark which would give them 1600 life points.
Food Life healed GE price Consumption bites Level Tuna 750 151 One 30 Lobster 1200 227 One 40 Swordfish 1400 327 One 50 Chocolate cake 1248 605 Three 50 Anchovy pizza 1374 639 Two 55 Curry 1500 622 One 60 Monkfish 1600 510 One 62 Pineapple pizza 1624 434 Two 65 Admiral pie 1750 406 Two 70 Shark 2000 1,465 One 80 Cavefish 2000 1,915 One 80 Sea turtle 2050 3,014 One 82 Wild pie 2125 792 Two 85 Tuna potato 2125 1,675 One 85 Manta ray 2275 2,070 One 91 Rocktail 2325 (gives a life points boost) 2,280 One 93 Summer pie 2400 1,935 Two 95 Tiger shark 2400 (up to +100 life points boost) Untradeable One 95 Rocktail soup 2400 3,481 One 95 Basket of strawberries 30% of max life points 361 Five
- Drinking Potions. Members have access to Saradomin Brews, which heal up to 1000 of a player's total life points and adds it to their life points. This can exceed their limit.
- Passive effects. Some weapons have passive effects that recover life points, such as the Enhanced excalibur and Saradomin Godsword. Additionally, the Guthan's set effect occasionally heals a player by the amount they hit.
- The monks at the Monastery and Entrana heal players if they ask them. They heal 20% of the player's life points level.
- The nurses Sabreen and A'abla and Surgeon Tafani at the infirmary north of Al-Kharid Duel Arena heal players if asked.
- Two lunar spells can be cast to heal other players: Heal Other, level 92 magic needed, and Heal Group, level 95 magic needed.
- Die. When a player dies, they respawn at full health and full energy. This is not recommended unless the player has banked all items and wants to go to an area near their respawn point.
- A player can use a bracelet of regeneration which doubles life points recovery rate. When used in conjunction with the prayer rapid heal, it triples to 30 lifepoints per minute.
- Using Soul Split (one of the Ancient Curses, level 92 Prayer required) adds 10% of damage dealt back to lifepoints. Since this method needs high hits to heal fast, it can be used together with Turmoil. It is risky to use versus NPC capable of dealing high and/or frequent damage though. Used right, it is a great and potion-saving alternative against monsters usually fought with activated protection prayers or deflection curses.
- Returning to a safe town. Life points are automatically recovered to maximum upon return to a safe town (like Edgeville) and using the bank.
- The two Summoning familiars, the Void spinner (10 life points every 15 seconds) and the Bunyip (2% of maximum life points, rounded down, every 15 seconds), heal a player over time. The Unicorn stallion heals 10% of the player's life points by using its special move, Healing Aura.
- A Clan Avatar with the healing over time buff will heal a player and any clanmates within range for 2% of their maximum life points every 5 seconds.
Familiar Summoning level required Heal rate Void Spinner 34 10 life points every 15 seconds Bunyip 68 2% of maximum life points every 15 seconds Fire, Moss, Ice titans 79 80 life points per scroll (special moves) Unicorn Stallion 88 10% of maximum life points (special moves)
Boosts to life pointsEdit
- Elidinis Statuette - this altar in Nardah will heal you and raise your total LP by 500, and will also fully refill your prayer. To use it, players will need to have completed Spirits of the Elid.
- Bonfires - 1% to 5% of LP for 6 min to 60 min percent corresponding to your firemaking level, time corresponding with type of logs used. Note that this is a boost to LP high-water mark, the new higher level can be healed to by the usual means (food, banking, etc.).
- The Thermal bath in Oo'glog boosts LP by around 433 above nominal maximum.
Boosts to ConstitutionEdit
- Constitution Cape of Achievement - Owners of a Constitution Cape can boost their Constitution skill by 1 every minute, by operating the cape or re-equipping it. The Constitution Cape is one of the Capes of Achievement, which can be bought and equipped by players with 99 Constitution only. The cape is sold by Surgeon General Tafani at the Duel Arena in Al Kharid for 99,000 coins.
- If you levelled Constitution before the 3 March 2010 update, it would show Hitpoints in your Adventurer's Log. It was changed to Constitution the following day.
- When RuneScape 2 was released, the experience required for level 10 in any skill was increased slightly. This meant that characters that had not gained Constitution experience in RuneScape Classic were brought to RuneScape 2 with only level 9 Hitpoints. Despite this, the players were still level 3 combat. These players were not able to use any Constitution abilities after the Evolution of Combat's release.