|Release date||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|Examine|| • Turns vegetation into compost.|
• This bin contains supercompostable items (X/15 full).
• This bin is full of supercompostable items.
A compost bin is an immovable container where weeds, crops, herbs, fruits and other Farming skill products are placed to make compost, supercompost, or rotten tomatoes. Compost bins are located next to allotment/flower/herb patches, Herblore Habitat and Prifddinas:
- South of Falador (Cabbage teleport with Explorer ring 3 or 4)
- West of Port Phasmatys (Ectophial teleport)
- North of Ardougne (Ardougne cloak teleport to farm, or Ardougne lodestone)
- North of Catherby (Just west of the Catherby lodestone)
- Middle of Taverley, next to the potato patch. (Just north of Taverley lodestone)
- Middle camp of Herblore Habitat (Juju spiritbag teleport)
- Inner circle of the Crwys section of Prifddinas
Players need 15 items to fill the compost bin, which they can then close to start the rotting process.
Players must use 15 supercompost-compatible items in the compost bin to make supercompost - even one incompatible item will make the whole contents into regular compost. This is the same when making rotten tomatoes. A message will pop up warning the player if they attempt at add a wrong item.
When examined, players can see how full the bin is, from empty through to completely full (0-15 items). Since different players fill the compost bins with different quantities of items, the examine text is different for each player depending on what they have put inside.
Compost generally takes between 35-50 minutes to decompose inside the bin. Supercompost takes around 90 minutes.
Products of rottingEdit
- Compost, made by rotting weeds and low level farming products.
- Supercompost, made by rotting high level farming products (see below).
- Rotten tomato, made by rotting 15 tomatoes.
Suitable items for supercompostEdit
Use the item on the farmer by the patch and they will tell if the item makes compost or supercompost.
|Icon||Item||Price||Direction||Low Alch||High Alch||Limit||Members||Details||Last updated|
|Grimy guam||298||12||18||10,000||view||19 hours ago|
|Grimy tarromin||22||0||0||10,000||view||19 hours ago|
|Grimy marrentill||263||0||0||10,000||view||19 hours ago|
|Grimy harralander||101||0||0||10,000||view||19 hours ago|
|Oak roots||335||0||0||100||view||18 hours ago|
|Willow roots||238||0||0||100||view||15 hours ago|
|Maple roots||277||0||0||100||view||18 hours ago|
|Bittercap mushroom||9,086||15||22||10,000||view||39 minutes ago|
|Calquat fruit||175||21||32||100||view||7 minutes ago|
|Coconut shell||45||0||0||1,000||view||21 hours ago|
|Jangerberries||459||0||0||10,000||view||19 hours ago|
|Morchella mushroom||8,410||40||60||10,000||view||18 hours ago|
|Papaya fruit||4,019||25||38||5,000||view||18 hours ago|
|Pineapple||209||0||1||1,000||view||18 hours ago|
|Poison ivy berries||2,895||26||39||10,000||view||18 hours ago|
|Watermelon||59||19||28||10,000||view||15 hours ago|
|White berries||1,490||4||6||10,000||view||15 hours ago|