|AKA||Comp cape, Uber cape|
|Release date||3 May 2011 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You'll have to buy this back for 5,000,000 coins at Varrock Museum if you destroy it.|
|Store price|| 5,000,000 coins|
|Examine||A cape worn by those who've overachieved.|
The completionist cape is the best cape in the game and is awarded to players who have "completed the game" by finishing all major content available. When bought it comes with a corresponding hood. It can be bought in Varrock Museum for 5,000,000 coins from the museum guard on the top floor by members who have all skills trained up to 99, and Dungeoneering up to 120, completed all quests and tasks, unlocked all the music tracks, prayers, and magic spells, and completed a number of other requirements listed below. The cape can then be upgraded to a trimmed version after completing a list of additional requirements including unlocking profound decorative armour at Castle Wars and a full statue of Dahmaroc in the player's house. This does not increase the cape's stats.
As new content (quests, tasks, accomplishments, etc.) is introduced, much of it is added to the requirements for the regular or trimmed version of the cape, which makes it extremely hard to wear for a long period of time. If a player is wearing the cape when new content is added to the requirements, it will be unequipped and placed in their inventory. If their inventory is full it will be placed in their bank.
Equipping the untrimmed cape will unlock [Name] the Completionist title. This title can be used without wearing the cape once unlocked, and will re-lock when the cape is unable to be worn, when the requirements are increased. As long as a player has the right to wear the cape, they may purchase additional capes from the museum guard.
The cape dates back to the Second Age, when it was enchanted by the mage Dahmaroc.
A player wearing the default Completionist cape (untrimmed)
|Click for details|
|[view] • [talk]|
The colours of a completionist cape can be customised by using the option in the right-click menu of the cape. In the Skillcape Customiser interface, players have the right-click option on the either of the four colour palettes to get or set a certain colour via the HSL colour algorithm (hue, saturation, and luminosity).
If the player already has a customised max cape when claiming the completionist cape, then the completionist cape will automatically be customised in the same way, as these two capes always share the colour selection.
This cape leaves a particle trail behind the owner. These particles change from white to gold when upgraded to the trimmed version. The particles' colour is not customisable beyond this.
The cape combines the abilities of several other items:
- Max cape: Teleport to the Max Guild, arriving next to the bank inside the guild tower
- Ava's alerter: Retrieves arrows
- Ardougne cloak 4
- Fire cape/TokHaar-Kal: Bonus damage when fighting ice strykewyrms
- Spirit cape: Option to toggle the ability to use 20% less summoning special energy when using scrolls. You must use a Spirit cape on the Completionist cape to unlock this function.
- Bonesack(e) or Ram skull helm(e): teleport to the Skeletal Horror once a week
- Jerrod's cape:
Members can buy the cape and hood on the top floor of the Varrock Museum for 5,000,000 coins from the museum guard. If anyone that hasn't met all requirements tries to touch it, they will be turned into a random animal (including monkeys, squirrels and chickens) and knocked away from the cape. They will also be given a list of remaining requirements. The easiest way to check your outstanding requirements is to open the Hero interface. The last tab contains a list of both untrimmed and trimmed cape requirements both of which can also be filtered to only show outstanding requirements. Another way is to use the right-click options on the throne in the Max Guild which requires the player to be maxed.
|All skill levels at maximum (120 Dungeoneering and Invention as well as 99 in all other skills).|
|All quests completed.|
|All tasks completed. This includes completing several minigames (e.g. Dominion Tower, Temple Trekking, etc.) and several miniquests.|
|All magic spells unlocked from Livid Farm.|
|Bones to Peaches unlocked from the Mage Training Arena.|
|Unlocked the Tune Bane Ore spell from a scroll in Ritual of the Mahjarrat.|
|All Varrock Museum Kudos earned. This includes defeating the Queen Black Dragon once and completing several miniquests e.g. The Curse of Zaros miniquest to obtain the Ghostly Robes.|
|Unlocked all Music tracks. This includes completing several miniquests (e.g. Rag and Bone Man wish list, Fur 'n' Seek wish list, all three Capers, etc.), defeating a champion in a Champion's Challenge, defeating Kal'Ger the Warmonger (requires 113 Dungeoneering), and playing several minigames once.|
|Completed the Hopespear's Will miniquest.|
|Returned Clarence to rest.|
|Reached the end of the Stronghold of Player Safety.|
|Hunted the Thalassus ten times after the Deadliest Catch quest.|
|Claimed a reward from Claus the chef for doing him a favour after completing Carnillean Rising.|
|Have scored at least 1,111 in a session of Big Chinchompa.|
|Completed all of Doric and Boric tasks following What's Mine is Yours.|
|Earned the Annihilator title by fighting all four nihil at once, during or after Fate of the Gods.|
|Found all memoriam crystals on Freneskae.|
|Unlocked the Enhanced yaktwee stick by catching 1,000 charm sprites.|
|Constructed a Tuska mask.|
|Completed either the Hyu-Ji, Quin, Eastern Curiosities, or Guardians of the World storyline from your Port.|
|Found all the pieces of the Reefwalker's cape forgotten scroll.|
|Completed the Mahjarrat Memories miniquest.|
|Defeat Tarn Razorlor and find his secrets (collect and read Tarn's diary) during or after The Lair of Tarn Razorlor.|
|Recovered all 13 chronicles of Bandos's Memories on Yu'biusk after The Mighty Fall (not including the one which is automatically unlocked when the book is received upon quest completion).|
|Defeated every Soul Reaper boss at least once to earn the title the Reaper. This includes Har-Aken (completing the Fight Kiln), Queen Black Dragon and others.|
|Earned the title of the Cadarn (Defeated 1,000 Cadarn rangers/magi).|
|Earned the title of the Crwys (Grow an Elder tree and check its health).|
|Earned the title of the Iorwerth (Complete eight Dark Beast tasks assigned by Morvran, co-op assignments will count).|
|Earned the title of the Trahaearn (Mine 100 Corrupted ore).|
|Found all sixteen of the memoriam crystals in Prifddinas.|
|Reconnected the Prifddinas spirit tree with her brethren.|
|Earned the title Slayer Master from Morvran's Rush of Blood Challenge (Complete 20 waves on Platinum difficulty).|
|Claimed the Slayer XP lamp from Morvran by completing 20 waves of Rush of Blood on any difficulty.|
|You must aid Lady Trahaearn in removing some corruption (Smelt 100 corrupted ore and get the Smithing XP lamp).|
|Fully built the Statue of Rhiannon in the Tower of Voices at least once.|
|Earned the title The Famous from Morvran's Slayer challenge to collect dark crystals from bosses.|
|You must aid Lord Amlodd in gathering shadow cores. (Gather 15 of each type of core as a drop, cleanse them, and then claim the Divination XP lamp from Lord Amlodd. The player needs to obtain them as a drop from Shadow creatures, however cleansing the ones from Agility and Thieving will count towards the amount cleansed, but not towards the amount received as a drop. Cores picked up by legendary pets will not count towards the required amount. You will be notified when you have collected enough cores. You must speak to Lord Amlodd about the Clan Amlodd skills prior to starting this task, otherwise any cores sent into the rift for cleansing will not increment your progression on this task.)|
|Help Lady Ithell with crystal singing research (Give Lady Ithell a crystal ward, staff, wand, and orb; the seed is returned each time. Players can enchant a seed or buy the items from the Grand Exchange.) After finishing, claim the Magic XP lamp from Lady Ithell.|
|You must start helping Lady Meilyr to retrieve her lost potion recipes (Find the first lost recipe (Super melee potion), make it and give it to Lady Meilyr and claim the Melee XP lamp).|
|You must collect one of each impling for Daffyd in Prifddinas.|
|You must unlock all of the combination potion recipes from Clan Meilyr in Prifddinas (includes all Dungeoneering-locked potions).|
|You must earn the title of the Amlodd (Speak to Lord Amlodd while enlightened by a light creature familiar).|
|You must earn the title of the Hefin (Complete 200 laps of the Hefin Agility Course). While completing 200 laps, you will find all eight journal pages every 20 laps (completing the journal in 160 laps).|
|You must earn the title of the Ithell (Create 100 Crystal flasks).|
|You must earn the title of the Meilyr (Harvest 50 Harmony moss from Harmony Pillars).|
|You must complete all of Tiny Zemouregal's Achievements while in Dimension of Disaster's New Varrock.|
|Gain all the Prawn Perks from your Aquarium.|
Several requirements are listed in-game, but don't appear in the list above, as they have already been completed if the above requirements have been met.
Players who have managed to achieve this cape can perform an emote in which they transform into a dragon, fly up and hover in the air while burning a classic "RS" sign into the ground before landing and transforming back into a player. The RS symbol disappears when the emote is over.
If this emote is performed with a trimmed cape, the dragon is gilded; adding a gold plating to the wing membranes and along the dragon's neck and head. The movements of the emote remain the same.
- A completionist cape beats every other cape in all fields of equipment bonuses except for the weight, which is higher than several other capes, including the spotted cape, the spottier cape, and the wicked cape.
- The completionist cape was first mentioned in the Capes of Distinction Developers' Blog; it was referred to as the "uber cape" at that point.
- Unlocking all the emotes is not a requirement for the Completionist cape, for many of them must be bought with real life money and some are discontinued.
- After the player buys their first completionist cape, their Adventurer's Log reads:
Bought my first completionist cape.
I visited the Varrock Museum and took rightful ownership of my completionist cape.
- With an update in October 2011, the particle trail of the cape was extended.
- There was previously a bug where if the cape was keepsaked and a max cape or second completionist cape is customised, it will not immediately change the keepsaked cape. However, wearing the actual cape, deactivating and reactivating the override, or logging in and out would make the change take effect. This has since been fixed.
- Earning or trimming the completionist cape broadcasts a message globally.
- As of the patches made on 17 December 2013, the cape will only convert to 5 million coins if lost in the Wilderness, and normally remains as an item in a grave. However, if a player possesses another cape before they return to their grave in attempt to obtain multiple capes, the one in the grave will be converted to 5 million coins.
- With the update of Player Owned Ports on 7 January 2014, the cape's life points stats and armour rating were upgraded to match those of the superior reefwalker's cape.
- The completionist cape is the most expensive item that is purchased from a store.
- On 1 July 2014, the armour bonus of the cape changed from 207 to 65.
- The Completionist cape used to change back to its original colours upon entering the wilderness or other PvP-enabled areas due to cosmetic overrides not being permitted in such locations. The max cape would do so as well. This has since been fixed.
- There is currently a glitch where players who have obtained the cape in the past can use its teleports without having to meet the requirements to wear the cape.
- The update on 24 August 2015 made it possible for Ironman and Hardcore Ironman to receive the Completionist cape.
- There is currently a bug where, if a player owns a keepsaked cape and loses the requirements to use it and regains such ability, the keepsaked cape will sometimes remain locked until the player logs out and back in. This happens even if the item is equipped from the inventory or bank.
|(+) Prayer bonus|