- This article has a strategy guide here.
|Also called||Saint Zilyana|
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Slayer level||Unknown edit|
|Slayer XP||Unknown edit|
|Assigned by||Unknown edit|
|Examine text||Commander of Saradomin's forces.|
Commander Zilyana, Keeper of Faith, is the leader of Saradomin's army in the God Wars Dungeon. She is an Icyene, an ancient race of winged beings, chosen by Saradomin to guard his hilt. Commander Zilyana uses a melee attack and a magic attack. She uses them randomly and both attacks are quite accurate. She attacks with her multi-target magic attack when her sword glows with a bright blue aura and she raises it in the air. If the attack hits a player, a small wall of lightning will appear around the player. If her magic attack fails, nothing happens (no 0 life points splat, no splash). She attacks with melee when she simply slashes at the player with her sword. Her melee attack is not multi-target. Both her magic and melee attacks only work at close range.
In addition, both her magic and melee attacks have a max of 315 life points and they are both very rapid (approximately the speed of throwing knives on rapid mode), so players should be careful fighting her. An interesting note is that her magic attack can only be used in melee range. This is possibly due to the fact that it is part of the special attack of a Saradomin Sword, which does not have the ability to farcast when used by players.
Commander Zilyana is located in the back room of Saradomin's Encampment. Players must have 70 Agility and 40 Saradominist kills to reach her. In addition, she has 3 guards: Growler (magic), Bree (ranged) and Starlight (melee).
Note: You can not reach her if you do not have 70 agility (neither summer pies nor agility potions will help).
Commander Zilyana is extremely dangerous and should not be underestimated. She is the tenth strongest monster that can be fought with conventional means in RuneScape, after General Graardor, K'ril Tsutsaroth, Nomad, TzTok-Jad, Tokhaar-Jad, Corporeal Beast, Har'Aken, Nex and the Queen Black Dragon.
When in battle, the Commander shouts several battle cries while fighting the players that dare to venture into her domain:
- "Death to the enemies of the light!"
- "Slay the evil ones!"
- "Saradomin lend me strength!"
- "By the power of Saradomin!"
- "May Saradomin be my sword."
- "Good will always triumph!"
- "Forward! Our allies are with us!"
- "Saradomin is with us!"
- "In the name of Saradomin!"
- "Attack! Find the Godsword!"
- "All praise Saradomin!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune longsword 1 Uncommon 18,902 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 37,933 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,537 Rune sword 1 Rare 12,154 Saradomin sword 1 Rare 902,081 Armadyl crossbow 1 Rare 6,235,917
Runes and Ammunition
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune dart 36–40 Common 3,564–3,960 Law rune 45–105 Common 8,550–19,950 Rune arrow 40–43 Uncommon 7,960–8,557 Nature rune 62–66 Rare 7,192–7,656 Steel arrow 150 Rare 1,950 Adamant javelin 18–20 Rare 1,134–1,260 Death rune 41–50 Rare 6,847–8,350
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune plateskirt 1 Common 37,988 Adamant platebody 1 Uncommon 9,662 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,727 Rune kiteshield 1 Uncommon 32,404 Saradomin's murmur 1 Rare 1,141,562 Saradomin's hiss 1 Rare 606,669 Saradomin's whisper 1 Rare 4,173,498
Herbs, Potions and Seeds
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Magic potion (3) 3 Uncommon 5,868 Prayer potion (4) 3 Uncommon 5,298 Saradomin brew (3) 3 Uncommon 582 Super defence (4) 3 Uncommon 396 Super restore (4) 3 Uncommon 5,718 Grimy ranarr 5 Uncommon 10,935 Ranarr seed 2 Uncommon 1,742
- Saradomin brew (3) and Super restore (4) are always dropped together.
- Magic potion (3) and Super defence (4) are always dropped together.
Gems and Ores
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Emerald 1 Uncommon 732 Sapphire 1 Uncommon 403 Diamond 1, 6 (noted) Uncommon 2,256–13,536 Ruby 1 Rare 1,189
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 19,000–20,300 Common Not sold Godsword shard 1 1 Rare 151,902 Godsword shard 2 1 Rare 151,198 Godsword shard 3 1 Rare 151,532 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Spin Ticket 1 Rare Not sold Saradomin hilt 1 Rare 25,909,034 Zilyana's notes 1 Uncommon Not sold
Rare drop table drops
- This monster drops items from the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth improves the chances if equipped but is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250; 381; 450; 3,000; 9,000; 12,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,082 Uncut emerald 1 Common 1,903 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,112 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 7,034 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 11,742 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 19,052 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 12,885 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,585 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,976 Rune javelin 5 Rare 1,215 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,260 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,933 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,988 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,917 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 848,800 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,727 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,404 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,284 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,501 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 19,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,305,000 Rune arrow 150–200; 500 Rare 29,850–199 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,680,000 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,587,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,723,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 92,454 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 5,311 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 19,025–26,635 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 47,950–67,130 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 177 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 193 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 34,000–1,020,000 Nature rune 47–77 Rare 5,452–8,932 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,480 Law rune 45 Rare 8,550 Death rune 50; 121 Rare 167 Blood rune 50 Rare 13,900 Raw swordfish 125 – 250; 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 36,000–288 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 257,000–514,000 Big bones 150 – 500 (noted) Uncommon 67,350–224,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 38,250–1,912,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 214,650–1,144,800 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,100 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,056,000 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 2,876,000–20,132,000 Rune bar 1,50,150 (noted) Rare 13,069–1,960,350 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 75,900 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 88,175–881,750 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 106,230–424,920 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 94,140–941,400 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 64,750 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,859 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 60,155–3,007,750 Magic seed 1–6 Rare 164,810–988,860 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,058,660 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,127 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 50,268–1,558,308 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,000 Yew logs 100–20,000 (noted) Rare 53,600–10,720,000
- The safe spot for Commander Zilyana was removed on 14 February 2008.
- Although her weapon, the Saradomin Sword, is a two-handed weapon when equipped by a player, Commander Zilyana wields it in one hand. This is because it is designed to be used by an Icyene warrior, who is a great deal larger than a human, and to that individual the sword is proportionally more suited as a one handed weapon.
- Due to the update on August 18 2009, involving combat familiars now being more aggressive, familiars such as the Titan, Terrorbird, and War Tortoise are now causing Commander Zilyana to target and attack players at a random rate. This happens because if a player's familiar attacks the Commander, she will automatically target the owner of that familiar, regardless of whether or not she has just chased them.
- Commander Zilyana is the only boss in the God Wars Dungeon to make a direct reference to the Godsword.
- The art for Commander Zilyana on the RuneScape Cards shows her hair to actually be composed of feathers.
- The Saradomin Sword which Commander Zilyana wields in the RuneScape wallpaper is much shorter than the one she wields in the game.
- Like Graardor and K'ril, Zilyana does not farcast her Magical attack, and only uses it if in melee range.
- In the Saradomin Strikes Campaign on Armies of Gielinor, it is revealed that at some point during the God Wars, Zilyana was captured by Zamorak, but then escaped.
- In Zilyana's chamber, players can see an inaccessible watery area. This area is unique and not found anywhere ingame, however it has been confirmed that it will not be released. It was originally intended to be an entrance to Zamorak's Fortress, but was replaced by the swim across the river due to time constraints.
- With the release of The Ancient Prison and Nex in the God Wars Dungeon, Zilyana became voiced, together with the other 3 Generals.
- Commander Zilyana is voiced by Mod Ana, the creator of The Branches of Darkmeyer.
- Commander Zilyana features in the flashback during the Ritual of the Mahjarrat Quest. She also received a graphical update with the release of this quest.
- The Wise Old Man refers to her as "Commander Zilyana, Keeper of the Faith".
God Wars Dungeon Bosses