CoinShare is an optional LootShare ability that converts valuable drops into gold by sending high-value items to the Grand Exchange and selling them. The list of high-value drops is found below. Players who received the drop will immediately get a share of the coins that the item would have sold for at 5% below the guide price. Items not split by CoinShare (low value items) will be divided normally by LootShare. CoinShare can be toggled in the Friends Chat settings.
Players receive the coins valued at -5% of the item's Grand Exchange guide price, and the item sells for its Grand Exchange guide price. The item will sell instantly, and as the picture above shows, coins will be given out instantly, saving even more coins if the item were to be crashing. New items should not be coinshared as they will likely sell for higher prices then their Grand Exchange price.
Players do receive more "convenience" than just carrying the item to the Grand Exchange and trading it. In addition to immediate proceeds of the sale, they receive the ability to split the value of the item amongst the group. Prior to the Trade and Drop Changes update, on 10 December 2007, a team could sell the item and trade the coins to generate a fair split of the wealth. This is now possible again since the Return of the Old Wilderness and Free Trade update.
CoinShare allows teams to be formed on a temporary basis. LootShare will only generate a fair split of large drops if the team remains together long enough to receive several such drops (at least 1 per member). CoinShare's immediate split lets each member take their share, and walk away after even a single large drop.
CoinShare only works on special drops a monster can give to players into a multicombat area. Such items are listed below:
- Nex equipment: Zaryte bow, Torva platebody, Torva full helm, Torva platelegs, Torva gloves, Torva boots, Pernix body, Pernix cowl, Pernix chaps, Pernix gloves, Pernix boots, Virtus mask, Virtus robe top, Virtus robe legs, Virtus gloves, Virtus boots, Virtus Book, Virtus Wand
- Drygore equipment: Drygore rapier, Off-hand drygore rapier, Drygore mace, Off-hand drygore mace, Drygore longsword, Off-hand drygore longsword
- Dragon equipment: Dragon dagger, Dragon spear, Dragon helm, Dragon 2h sword, Dragon chainbody, Dragon scimitar, Dragon claws,Off-hand dragon claw,Dragon pickaxe, Shield left half, Dragon boots, Dragon platelegs, Dragon plateskirt, Dragon limbs,
- Dagannoth King items: Berserker ring, Warrior's ring, Archer's ring, Seers' ring, Mud battlestaff, Dragon hatchet
- Spiritual items: Spirit shield, Holy elixir, Spectral sigil, Arcane sigil, Elysian sigil, Divine sigil
- Bandos equipment: Bandos hilt, Bandos helmet, Bandos tassets, Bandos chestplate, Bandos gloves, Bandos boots, Bandos chestplate
- Armadyl equipment: Armadyl hilt, Armadyl helmet, Armadyl chainbody, Armadyl chainskirt, Armadyl buckler, Armadyl boots, Armadyl gloves
- Saradomin equipment: Saradomin sword, Saradomin hilt, Saradomin's hiss, Saradomin's murmur, Saradomin's whisper, Armadyl crossbow
- Zamorak equipment: Hood of subjugation, Gown of subjugation, Garb of subjugation, Ward of subjugation, Gloves of subjugation, Boots of subjugation, Zamorak hilt, Zamorakian spear, Steam battlestaff
- Others: Ruined dragon armour shard, Ruined dragon armour lump, Ruined dragon armour slice, Dragon rider boots, Dragon rider gloves, Draconic visage, Godsword shard 1, Godsword shard 2, Godsword shard 3, Dragon kite ornament kit (or), Dragon kite ornament kit (sp)
Note: Despite being high priced items, here are the following items/sets that are not able to be CoinShared, even though they are special drops:
- Vesta's equipment (also corrupt variants)
- Statius's equipment (also corrupt variants)
- Zuriel's equipment (also corrupt variants)
- Morrigan's equipment (also corrupt variants)
- Ancient artefacts
- Corrupt dragon equipment
- Glacor boots
Note: Some areas have not been tested for coinshare eligibilty.
- Dragon equipment: Dragon full helm, Dragon limbs
- Others: Vecna skull, Polypore stick
- Automaton gloves: Pnuematic gloves, Static gloves, Tracking gloves