CoinShare is an optional LootShare ability that converts valuable drops into item shards. Each player receives an equal portion of the 120 shards dropped. Items not split by CoinShare will be divided normally by LootShare. CoinShare can be toggled in the Friends Chat settings.
CoinShare allows teams to be formed on a temporary basis. LootShare will only generate a fair split of large drops if the team remains together long enough to receive several such drops (at least 1 per member). CoinShare's immediate split lets each member take their share, and walk away after even a single large drop.
As of 26 November 2013, 60 items affected by CoinShare have been updated to be split in the form of Item shards, which creates 120 shards of that item instead, and all players who are within 20 spaces of the killed monster with CoinShare active will receive equal amounts of shards that will go straight to the bank.
CoinShare only works on special drops by specific monsters. Such items are listed below:
- Nex equipment: Zaryte bow, Torva full helm, Torva platebody, Torva platelegs, Torva gloves, Torva boots, Pernix cowl, Pernix body, Pernix chaps, Pernix gloves, Pernix boots, Virtus mask, Virtus robe top, Virtus robe legs, Virtus gloves, Virtus boots, Virtus book, Virtus wand
- Drygore equipment: Drygore rapier, Off-hand drygore rapier, Drygore mace, Off-hand drygore mace, Drygore longsword, Off-hand drygore longsword
- Dragon equipment: Dragon limbs
- Dagannoth King items: Berserker ring, Warrior's ring, Archer's ring, Seers' ring, Dragon hatchet
- Spiritual items: Spectral sigil, Arcane sigil, Elysian sigil, Divine sigil
- Bandos equipment: Bandos hilt, Bandos helmet, Bandos chestplate, Bandos tassets
- Automaton gloves: Pneumatic gloves, Static gloves, Tracking gloves
- Seismic equipment: Seismic wand, Seismic singularity
- Armadyl equipment: Armadyl hilt, Armadyl helmet, Armadyl chainbody, Armadyl chainskirt, Armadyl buckler
- Saradomin equipment: Saradomin sword, Saradomin hilt, Saradomin's hiss, Saradomin's murmur, Saradomin's whisper, Armadyl crossbow
- Zamorak equipment: Hood of subjugation, Gown of subjugation, Garb of subjugation, Ward of subjugation, Zamorak hilt, Zamorakian spear
Note: Despite being high priced items, some high-value items are not coinshared:
- Vesta's equipment (also corrupt variants)
- Statius's equipment (also corrupt variants)
- Zuriel's equipment (also corrupt variants)
- Morrigan's equipment (also corrupt variants)
- Ancient artefacts
- Corrupt dragon equipment
- Glacor boots, because Glacors must be soloed
- Dragon pickaxe
- Historically, many more items were eligible for CoinShare, such as Godsword shards, Bandos boots and Dragon daggers. When they were given as a drop, they were sold at the Grand Exchange for 10% off their current price and players had to pick up their share, rather than the coins being sent to the bank.
- Many other high-valued drops seem to be ineligible for CoinShare after the CoinShare rework, such as Bandos gloves. It is unknown if this was intentional or not.