CoinShare is an optional LootShare ability that converts valuable drops into item shards. Each player receives an equal portion of the 120 shards dropped. Items not split by CoinShare (low value items) will be divided normally by LootShare. CoinShare can be toggled in the Friends Chat settings.
CoinShare allows teams to be formed on a temporary basis. LootShare will only generate a fair split of large drops if the team remains together long enough to receive several such drops (at least 1 per member). CoinShare's immediate split lets each member take their share, and walk away after even a single large drop.
As of 26 November 2013, 60 items affected by coinshare have been updated to be split in the form of Item shards, which creates 120 shards if CoinShare is active and is split equally to all the players.
CoinShare only works on special drops by specific monsters. Such items are listed below:
- Nex equipment: Zaryte bow, Torva full helm, Torva platebody, Torva platelegs, Torva gloves, Torva boots, Pernix cowl, Pernix body, Pernix chaps, Pernix gloves, Pernix boots, Virtus mask, Virtus robe top, Virtus robe legs, Virtus gloves, Virtus boots, Virtus book, Virtus wand
- Drygore equipment: Drygore rapier, Off-hand drygore rapier, Drygore mace, Off-hand drygore mace, Drygore longsword, Off-hand drygore longsword
- Dragon equipment: Dragon limbs
- Dagannoth King items: Berserker ring, Warrior's ring, Archer's ring, Seers' ring, Dragon hatchet
- Spiritual items: Spectral sigil, Arcane sigil, Elysian sigil, Divine sigil
- Bandos equipment: Bandos hilt, Bandos helmet, Bandos chestplate, Bandos tassets
- Seismic equipment: Seismic wand, Seismic singularity
- Armadyl equipment: Armadyl hilt, Armadyl helmet, Armadyl chainbody, Armadyl chainskirt, Armadyl buckler
- Saradomin equipment: Saradomin sword, Saradomin hilt, Saradomin's hiss, Saradomin's murmur, Saradomin's whisper, Armadyl crossbow
- Zamorak equipment: Hood of subjugation, Gown of subjugation, Garb of subjugation, Ward of subjugation, Zamorak hilt, Zamorakian spear
Note: Despite being high priced items, some high-value items are not coinshared:
- Vesta's equipment (also corrupt variants)
- Statius's equipment (also corrupt variants)
- Zuriel's equipment (also corrupt variants)
- Morrigan's equipment (also corrupt variants)
- Ancient artefacts
- Corrupt dragon equipment
- Glacor boots, because Glacors must be soloed
- Prior to new CoinShare update, items such as Dragon daggers, Dragon pickaxes and Bandos gloves were affected by CoinShare. Items would also be converted into coins which players had to pick up, rather then shards that were sent to the bank.