|Release||4 August 2010 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||• A clue!|
• A clue to great treasure!
• It points to great treasure!
A clue scroll (elite) is part of the Treasure Trail Distraction and Diversion, in which a player follows a series of clues leading towards a buried treasure. Completion of the clue scroll will either give a scroll box (elite), containing another clue, or a casket (elite), containing rewards for completing the treasure trail. Elite clue scroll rewards can range from a few thousand coins to well over 2 billion coins if a very rare Third-age or Blood dye is obtained.
Elite difficulty clue scrolls are a random drop from a large variety of high-level monsters. Looting a magical chest from the dwarven instinct aura, or unlocking Gold key chests within the Shades of Mort'ton minigame can award elite clues scrolls.
Stanley Limelight Traders sell elite clue scrolls for 200 thaler each. Once each week, players may loot the treasure chest decoration in their player-owned aquarium, or defeat the Skeletal horror for an elite clue. Completion of Triskelion Treasures always award an elite clue scroll.
If a player already possesses an elite clue scroll, they must either complete or drop the scroll before they can receive a new one. Players are able to hold one of each tier of clue scroll, however.
Elite clue scrolls may contain the following types of clue:
Rewards from any levelEdit
The items listed below are rewards that are possible to receive from all levels of Treasure Trails. These items are not guaranteed rewards, only possibilities.
Image Name 2,500–50,000 Coins 2–27 Biscuits[all 1] or Purple sweets Various Teleport scrolls 1–3 God pages for God books Gnomish firelighters 20–100 Saradomin, Guthix, or Zamorak arrows Noted Meerkats pouches or fetch casket scrolls
- ^ The maximum amount of Biscuits that can be stored by a player is 200. If the maximum is stored, Purple sweets will be rewarded instead.
- For a detailed breakdown of the drop mechanics and calculations involved with the drop chances, see Treasure Trails/Rewards#Elite
The items listed below are the rewards you can get from level 4 Treasure Trails. 4 to 6 items are awarded from each Casket (elite) opened.
Rare rewards table Image Name A piece of Armadyl rune armour A piece of Bandos rune armour A piece of Ancient rune armour A piece of Armadyl d'hide A piece of Bandos d'hide A piece of Ancient d'hide Armadyl, Bandos, or Ancient stoles Armadyl, Bandos, or Ancient croziers Fury or Dragon ornament kits Bat, Wolf, Dragon, Cat, or Penguin Animal staffs
- ^ Approximately 1 in 14 chance per item roll to get a reward from this table or below.
Each individual item in the above table has approximately 1 in 146 chance per clue to be received.
Very- and mega-rare rewards Image Name Prismatic large fallen star Starved ancient effigy Black dragon, Bronze dragon, Iron dragon, Steel dragon, Mithril dragon, or Frost dragon animal masks Sack of effigies Backstab cape Crystal triskelion fragments Third-age dye, Blood dye, Shadow dye, or Barrows dye. Saradomin, Guthix or Zamorak bows. A piece of Third-age druidic equipment
- ^ Approximately 1 in 2,912 chance per clue to receive a Prismatic large fallen star.
- ^ Approximately 1 in 728 chance per clue to receive a Starved ancient effigy.
- ^ A maximum of 5 effigies can be stored by a player. If a player does have 5 effigies stored and would have obtained this reward, 2,500 coins is rewarded in its place.
- ^ Approximately 1 in 146 chance per clue to receive any dragon mask - approximately 1 in 874 for a specific mask.
- ^ Approximately 1 in 5,909 chance per clue to receive a Sack of effigies.
- ^ Approximately 1 in 3,030 chance per clue to receive a Backstab cape.
- ^ Approximately 1 in 160 chance per clue to receive a Crystal triskelion fragment.
- ^ Approximately 1 in 10,192 chance per clue to receive Third-age dye.
- ^ Approximately 1 in 3,204 chance per clue to receive Shadow dye
- ^ Approximately 1 in 1,678 chance per clue to receive Barrows dye.
- ^ Approximately 1 in 149 chance per clue to receive any of the god bows - approximately 1 in 446 for a specific bow.
- ^ Approximately 1 in 7,426 chance per clue to receive any part of third-age druidic - approximately 1 in 37,128 for a specific part.
Common rewards table Image Name Image Name A Court summons Palm tree seed, Papaya tree seed or Yew seed 2 Dwarf weed or Lantadyme seeds 9 (noted) Super restore, Antifire, or Prayer potions 8 (noted) Water talisman 15 (noted) Swamp lizards 5 (noted) Rune bars 10 (noted) Unicorn horns 15 (noted) Royal dragonhide 12 Onyx bolt tips 2 (noted) Uncut dragonstones 8 (noted) Battlestaff 40 (noted) Mahogany planks Dragon helm Rune platebody
|Treasure Trails guides||