|Release date||3 May 2011 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price|| 50,000 coins|
|Examine||A cape worn by those who've seen the world in a different light.|
The Classic cape is one of the Capes of Distinction and can only be worn by members who have visited RuneScape Classic in one of the "log in to access" periods. The cape is all black with the original Runescape logo on it and comes with a pixelated emote. It is sold by Iffie at Thessalia's Fine Clothes shop located in Varrock. Talk to Iffie about what she is knitting with at least 50,000 coins in your inventory. If you die, this item will turn to 50,000 coins.
Mod Mark released a statement in the May 2011 Behind the Scenes, saying "That winning veteran cape design will soon be available to all players who have had a RuneScape account for at least five years. Joining it is the Classic cape, for all of those who have at some point logged into RuneScape Classic on their account."
The cape's emote is activated by using the Skillcape emote, as the right-click menu does not have the option like most capes. When performed, it shows a thought bubble containing a rune hatchet as the emote. The icon that appears over the players head when the emote is performed is based on icons used in RuneScape Classic to represent actions.
|Compare item|| |
A player wearing the classic cape
|[view] • [talk]|
- If one dies with the cape on, only the hood shows up at your gravestone and you have to buy a new cape after you die.
- Upon death players can reclaim their hood at the gravestone and will also receive an extra hood upon buying another classic cape.
- Current members who visited RuneScape Classic in the reopenings have access to the Classic cape. You must have been a member to visit Classic during the reopenings.
- Anyone who has ever played classic can claim the cape if they are a member, even if they are no longer able to play RSC.
- Before the update on 18 March 2013 the Classic cape's emote also showed a bubble of the rune bar and rune arrow, however it now only shows the rune axe to help prevent random chance gambling.