A Clan ring can be obtained by talking to the Quartermaster in a Clan Citadel after collecting resources 500 times from most skill plots. This amount is fewer than 500 mouse clicks, since players collect resources multiple times per mouse click. The amount of resources received by 500 collections is dependent on the type of plot, the tier of the plot, and the player's skill level. To gain access to the Quartermaster, players must have a sufficiently high rank to enter the keep (inner set of doors).
The number of collections is not the number of resources. Players often collect more than 1.00 resources at a time (multiple resources per collection, and multiple collections per mouse click).
| Collections per|
† 500 ÷ 1.5 = 334 (rounded up)
‡ 7 from each ore trough, 9 from the mould, 5 from the water (7 average)
* variable, maximum 6; it is unlikely anyone can earn a ring from just the obelisk
Clan rings give a 50% experience boost while skilling on the surface (i.e., not at the citadel). If they have gathered enough resource, players get a message to talk to the Quartermaster to claim the ring. He gives players an uncharged ring, which can be charged by using it on one of the skill plots. The ring gives bonus experience in only that skill. The amount is dependent on the player's level and the tier of the plot. The higher each is, the more experience the ring gives. Players may only have one ring at a time.
Note: Players do not get their Clan rings back if they die.
Note: Players can not change Clan rings from one into another, even if the rings are unused. Charging the ring makes it impossible to uncharge it.
Note: Players can not get experience boosts from the ring while skilling at citadel skill plots. Players can get experience boosts doing normal skilling (e.g., fletching or firemaking) at the Chest of Capes by the battlefield.
The rings are:
- Woodcutting ring (tier 1 Citadel required)
- Mining ring (tier 2 Citadel required)
- Firemaking ring (tier 3 Citadel required)
- Smithing ring (tier 3 Citadel required)
- Summoning ring (tier 5 Citadel required)
- Crafting ring (tier 5 Citadel required)
- Cooking ring (tier 6 Citadel required)
- In order to charge the clan ring at a resource plot, players must have level 40 in that skill.
- The ring does not have to be worn for this 50% bonus. Having it in inventory is enough. This can be helpful for some skills, because it does not require the player to choose among rings, such as the Ring of Fire for Firemaking or the Ring of Wealth for increased chances of finding gems while mining and for valuable rewards with Evil trees.
- The ring's bonus does stack with the bonus from the lumberjack outfit when woodcutting.
- The ring's bonus does stack with the bonus from the Sköll boots when woodcutting.
- The ring's bonus does stack with the bonus from the Golden mining suit when mining.
- The ring's bonus does stack with the bonus from the Goldsmithing gauntlets when smelting gold ore.
- The ring's bonus does stack additively with the bonus from Pendants of Skill.
- The ring's bonus does not stack with the bonus from the Dwarven Ancestor Spirit in the Lava Flow Mine.
- The ring's bonus does not stack with the bonus from (both types of) Sacred clay tools, proto-tool and Volatile clay tool. However, if training smithing at the Artisan workshop with burial armour or crafting dragonhide armour with a sacred clay needle, the clan ring and the sacred clay hammer's bonus stacks.
- Players can use urns with the clan ring.
- The ring's bonus does not stack with the bonus from a penance horn or penance master horn. The horn's potential is used first until depleted.
- When players have earned all of the ring's bonus experience, they receive a message stating "Your clan ring has used the last of its charge and crumbles to dust."
- Players can earn one ring each build tick, but they may keep a ring over a build tick, thus using two in the same week.
- Players can only have one clan ring at a time. To obtain a second, they need to use the first one or to destroy it.
- Players can save an uncharged ring to charge it after the build tick at a spot that was not built when they got the ring. This is useful if they don't need experience for any of the plots currently built, but expect to gain later.
- With the right planning, players can use 3 rings on 1 day every three weeks (one ring from the last tick, one ring from the current tick, and one ring from a new tick).
- Prior to the 6 March 2012 update, earning a clan ring meant collecting resources 100 times. For example, at the tree, this meant 100 mouse clicks, although at the kiln, furnace, and obelisk, players could collect resources multiple times with a single mouse click. After the update, all skill plots now collect resources multiple times per mouse click. However, the update also increased the required number of collections from 100 to 500.
|Rated Clan Wars|
|Buildings and features|
|Customisation and costs|
Beacon • Charos(activated) • Easter • Explorer's(1) (2) (3) (4) • Fire • Ferocious • Jennica's • Lunar • 'Perfect' • Slaying • Visibility • Kinship • Vigour • Devotion • Ring of seeking (hide) (seek) (both) • TokKul-Zo • Sixth-Age circuit