The Clan Avatar is a members-only customisable reward available for clans. It was first announced in the 2012 August Behind the Scenes. The avatar is made out of elemental forces, providing boosts, buffs and protection to clan mates when summoned.
In order to use the Clan avatar around the surface world, an Avatar habitat must be built for it, which come in basic, medium, and grand forms. The resource requirements for the habitats are:
- Basic - 3000 timber, Tier 1 Citadel
- Medium - 30,000 timber, 30,000 precious bars, Tier 5 Citadel
- Grand - 30,000 timber, 30,000 precious bars, 30,000 rations, Tier 7 Citadel
The Avatar displays a Clan's logo and colors automatically, but the appearance of the avatar can be changed manually. Changing the appearance of the avatar doesn't cost anything and can be done at any time. If a clan has more than one avatar those can be customised individually.
The avatar is customisable and can be any combination of the four elements to choose from (Nature, water, lava and magic). The avatar needs a body, legs and a head, the other parts are also removable and may have no element.
To get a Clan Avatar, a leader needs to assign the Avatar Warden job to a clanmember with a rank of Admin or higher. The warden then may summon and choose a buff for the Avatar, even before paying 300 Anagogic orts. The Avatar then acts as a follower and follow the warden. Only one avatar of the same clan can be summoned in one world. If a clan wants to summon another avatar, they first need to dismiss the summoned avatar, or wait until the avatar has expired, which takes 24 hours. if dismissed, it takes 24 hours to wait per avatar.
Buffs can be added to avatars by the Avatar wardens by interacting with the avatar in its habitat and selecting Fill buff slots for this avatar. Depending on the habitat tier a clan can add up to 3 buffs to one avatar.
Important note: If a warden wants to remove buffs that had been added to an avatar, the avatar habitat needs to be to be removed and rebuilt.
If a Clan avatar is summoned it can have only one active buff at a time. As such, if you want to use another buff of the avatar you need to dismiss it and summon it again with the other buff loaded. When a buff is active, symbols spiral around the avatar. Also, players under the effect of the buff have a glowing symbol appear near their feet every few minutes.
|Heal Over Time||Heals clan members in range of the avatar for a small amount of lifepoints.|
|Familiar Faces||Doubles the familiars timer when summoning one.|
|Auto Ort||The avatar adds dropped/skilled Anagogic orts straight into your inventory.|
|Skill Plot Bonus||10% more resources from skilling in the citadel.|
|Skilling Bonus||3% more xp for skilling on the same world as the avatar and 6% more xp for skilling in the range of the avatar (approximately 10 steps from avatar is radius).|
|Random Resurrection||Resurrects a player. This can only be done to each player once a day. And for a limited amount of times in total every day, depending on the citadel tier.|
|Protector||The avatar takes some of the damage dealt to a clan member in range of the avatar.|
In order to access the benefits of clan avatars, clan members have to gather anagogic orts, which can be found from skilling (both in the citadel and on the surface), and from combat on the surface. These items are key to such avatar abilities as being able to affect resource and experience gain of clan members while the avatar is nearby, and providing other types of service in combat activities such as clan wars (for example, by taking damage that would have been normally dealt to clan members from its own lifepoints pool).
Clan Avatars can also collect in the Citadel, when summoned. They collect whichever resource the Avatar Warden (job) assigns to it, at roughly 26 resources per 45 seconds. The Clan Avatars also have a resource cap, the same amount as clan members for the clan's Citadel (e.g. 2000 for Tier 5, 2350 for Tier 6 Citadel, and so on). On the Avatar's Follower Details screen, you can see its lifepoints, current Buff, and which Resource it is gathering.
- There is currently a glitch where if a clan avatar is dismissed from within the citadel, it might not go back to the habitat. Having someone teleport to the clan entrance portal and then back to the avatar habitat resets this.
- When the avatar warden enters the Grand Exchange with the avatar summoned (provided that the buff is set to the experience boost), all clan members on the same world do not get their experience boost. It is unknown if this is a glitch or not.
- The clan avatar cannot be used in Dominion Tower. In fact, it goes back to the citadel if you attempt it. Returning to the citadel causes it to follow you upon entry without needing to summon again.
- If you try to bring the Clan Avatar into the Tears of Guthix minigame, Juna the guardian prevents you and says "I will not allow that creation of Armadyl into this cave", implying that citadels are related to Armadyl.
- While summoned, the Avatar Warden is not allowed to dungeoneer due to it being a follower. If your clans buff is set to "Skilling Bonus" and you do not have the Avatar, you earn an additional 3% while Dungeoneering on the same world as the active Avatar Warden.
|Buildings and features|
|Customisation and costs|