|Release date||14 August 2012 (Update)|
|Location||Clan Citadel, Gielinor|
|Examine||The magical, living essence of the floating island.|
The Clan avatar is a members-only customisable reward available for clans. They were first announced in the 2012 August Behind the Scenes. Avatars are made out of elemental forces, providing boosts, buffs and protection to clan members while summoned.
In order to use a clan avatar around the surface world, an Avatar habitat must be built for them, which come in basic, medium, and grand forms. The resource requirements to build habitats are:
- Basic - Tier 1 citadel, 3000 timber (provides one avatar)
- Medium - Tier 4 citadel, 30,000 timber, 30,000 precious bars (provides two avatars)
- Grand - Tier 7 citadel, 30,000 timber, 30,000 precious bars, 30,000 rations (provides three avatars)
If the citadel becomes dilapidated, the avatars will become inaccessible.
Avatars display their clan's logo and colours automatically, but the appearance of an avatar can be changed manually. Changing the appearance of an avatar doesn't cost anything and can be done at any time, as long as the avatar is present in its habitat. If a clan has more than one avatar, they can be customised individually.
Each of the nine parts of an avatar may incorporate any of the four elements—earth, water, fire or air. Each avatar requires a head, as well as an upper and lower body, while the other parts are removable.
To customise an avatar, a clan member must first be granted the Customise Avatar permission in Clan Settings. They may then select "Interact" on the avatar while in its habitat and choose "Customise this avatar".
An avatar warden may summon an avatar by visiting the avatar habitat and selecting the "Interact" option on any avatar, choosing "Summon this avatar", then selecting a buff for the avatar. The avatar, upon selection for use and confirming which buff to use, acts as a follower for the warden and occupies the Summoning slot.
Clans may not have more than one avatar summoned in any game world, however multiple avatars may be summoned in their citadel. This is useful when you want to set multiple avatars to collect resources. However, only the buff from the first summoned avatar will take effect, and it doesn't matter which bonus you picked on the second or third avatar when summoned, all avatars will provide the same buff.
Buffs may be added to avatars by the Avatar Warden by interacting with the avatar in its habitat and selecting Fill buff slots for this avatar. Depending on the habitat tier, a clan can add up to 3 buffs to one avatar.
Important note: If the Avatar Warden wishes to remove or change the buff options that had been added to an avatar, the avatar habitat needs to be removed and rebuilt and the added back by the Clan Owner.
If a clan avatar is summoned, it can only have one active buff at a time. To use a different buff of the avatar, you simply need to dismiss it and re-summon it again with the new buff loaded. When a buff is active, a specific symbol spirals around the avatar. Players under the effect of the buff also have a glowing symbol appear near their feet every few moments.
The range of the buff is a 22 by 22 square area centred on the avatar.
|Heal Over Time||Heals clan members in range of the avatar for 2% of their maximum life points every five seconds.|
|Familiar Faces||Doubles the familiar's timer when summoning one in range of the avatar. Entering the area of effect with a summoned familiar, or summoning a creature within the area of effect, will double the time for which they can be active. The effect is lost if you leave the area of effect.|
|Auto Ort||The avatar adds dropped/skilled Anagogic orts straight into your inventory when collected in range of the avatar.|
|Skill Plot Bonus||10% more resources from skilling in the citadel; this does not increase the cap for the individual, but instead increases the rate of resources produced. Note that XP gained per action does not change, so after reaching your cap you will have received ~9.1% less experience.|
|Skilling Bonus||3% more xp for skilling on the same world as the avatar and 6% more xp for skilling in range of the avatar.|
|Random Resurrection||Resurrects a player. This can only be done to each player once a day and for a limited amount of total times per clan per day depending on the citadel tier.|
|Protector||The avatar takes 5.2% of all damage, including typeless damage, dealt to a clan member in range of the avatar.|
The Avatar Skilling Buff works with the following:
- Dungeoneering (the avatar cannot enter)
- Runecrafting in the Runespan (the avatar cannot enter)
- Bonus experience from Stealing Creation, Clan Citadels, Fallen stars, etc
- Goldsmith gauntlets
- POH altars
- Enhanced yaktwee stick
- Valentine's Slam
- Refer-a-Friend bonus
An intermediate situation exists where:
- When the avatar warden enters the Grand Exchange the warden continues to receive the 3% bonus.
The Avatar Skilling Buff does NOT work with the following:
- Players wielding a greegree
- Penguin points
- Experience lamps
- Quest rewards such as the experience earned from creating the first of each Illuminated god book
- Pyramid Plunder
- In Multi-combat areas the skilling bonus only applies to one target being attacked, not the whole group
Through paying a clan avatar 300 anagogic orts, a clan member receives access to any of the set buffs for one week, finishing exactly 7 days after their payment. The orts can also be paid to the quartermaster in the keep in the clan citadel.
While in combat, mainly summoned with the Protector buff, it is possible to heal the clan avatar by paying it 30 anagogic orts. Additionally, while engaged in player killing situations, the avatar may also be attacked, and therefore able to be healed.
Citadel Resource GatheringEdit
The clan citadels were originally the flying fortresses of the aviansie, so Armadyl would have had his throne up there somewhere. Since the magic of the citadels is Armadyl's, it makes sense that the avatars are made by Armadyl too! Hope that makes sense.Mod Osborne, RuneScape Forums
Clan avatars can also collect in the Citadel while summoned. To do this Interact with it and then select the Gather resources option. They collect whichever resource the Avatar Warden assigns to it, at one ninetieth of resource cap per 45 seconds (ie, [1/90] * resource limit). Each Clan Avatar also has a resource cap, the same amount as clan members for the clan's Citadel (e.g. 2000 for Tier 5 storehouse, 2350 for Tier 6, and so on). Once set to gather, the Avatar will continue to gather anywhere in the citadel except the Battlefield as long as it and the Warden remain within the citadel. On the Avatar's Follower Details screen, you can see its life points, current buff, and which resource it is gathering.
If the resource to gather is changed on the avatar, however, it is possible that the "Resource Gathering" area of the Follower Details might "glitch" and not update with the correct amount of resources collected or what type of resource. To fix this, the Avatar Warden may simply dismiss and re-summon the Clan Avatar and the information should update.
The clan avatar is considered a follower which means when the clan avatar is summoned, you cannot summon another follower. Similarly, if you already have a follower summoned when you try to summon the clan avatar, you will be told you already have a follower. You will have to dismiss the first follower before you can summon the clan avatar.
Since clan avatars are familiars, they may not be taken to locations where typical followers are not allowed. However, there are some differences between a clan avatar and a typical familiar. Firsty, if a player dies with the avatar, it is sent back to the clan citadel. Secondly, there are additional locations that they cannot be taken. For example, typical followers ARE allowed in the following areas, but clan avatars are NOT allowed:
- Pyramid Plunder
- Temple Trekking
- Burgh de Rott Ramble
- Fight Kiln
- Dominion Tower
- Saw Mill
- The Pit
- Soul Wars
- Fish Flingers
- Tears of Guthix
- Big Chinchompa
- Troll Invasion
- Void Knights' Outpost
- Ancient Cavern (can follow into cavern if fairy ring BJQ is used after being repaired with 5 Bittercap Mushrooms, after Barbarian Training up to pyre ships is complete)
- Runecrafting Guild
After summoning, an avatar will not be available for other clan members until it returns to the habitat. The warden may instantly return the avatar to the habitat at any time by dismissing it, though the avatar will automatically return 23 hours after being summoned. The avatar will not return to the habitat if the warden logs out while it is summoned.
Clan members with the Recall Avatar permission may use the Rune in the south-east corner of the town square, near the avatar habitat, to return an avatar held by any clan member to the habitat. This is particularly useful when clan members log out of the game with an avatar summoned.
- If you try to bring the Clan Avatar into the Tears of Guthix minigame, Juna, the guardian, prevents you and says "I will not allow that creation of Armadyl into this cave".
- Ironman accounts can neither summon nor benefit from the buffs of a clan avatar. Attempting to do so will result in the clan messages "You cannot summon the Avatar in Ironman Mode" or "The Avatar ignores you as you are in Ironman Mode".
- If you attempt to take the Clan Avatar into the Fish Flingers Competition, the Fisherman will stop you and say "Umm, sorry, but you can't take that, erm, floaty thing with you..."
- If you try to enter the Crucible with the clan avatar, you will get the game message "Your clan avatar is repelled by the dark entrance and refuses to enter. You'll need to dismiss it."
- Clan Avatars can't be attacked by clan members. Only non-clan members can attack it. When it dies, it simply respawns back in the citadel.
- Clan Avatars can collect resources from skill plots that have not been built yet, but the skill plot has to be in the upgrades queue for the avatar to collect the resources from that skill plot.
- Upon summoning a clan avatar, the left-click option on your summoning icon will become "call follower". Even after dismissing the avatar, it will remain like this; you will have to manually change it again to your personal preference.
|Buildings and features||
|Customisation and costs||