|Release||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Exchange||3,227 coins (info)|
|A glass of cider.|
Cider is a primarily player made alcoholic drink which players can make via brewing with level 14 Cooking. A complete batch of cider grants 182 experience points. As brewing takes several days, players can also obtain this item at the underground pub: Esoterican Arms under the Miscellania castle, which requires partial completion of Royal Trouble to access.
It can also be purchased from the Grand Exchange. When drunk, Cider heals 140 life points, and gives a temporary boost to the players Farming level by 1, at the price of lowering both Attack and Strength by 2, similar to all other brews in RuneScape.
The full recipe for cider is as follows:
- Create 4 buckets of apple mush, using the apple barrel located near the vats
- Add 4 buckets of apple mush to the fermenting vat
- Add 1 ale yeast and 2 Barley malt
- Wait two to five days
- Collect the completed ale using eight beer glasses or two calquat kegs. Calquat kegs are highly recommended, especially if the ale has matured. This creates Cider (keg). Simply by collecting the ale in a keg, the value of the batch will increase by several thousand coins.
Five glasses of Cider are required for an easy Seers' Village task, which can be problematic for players who haven't started Royal Trouble and have no friends/clanmates willing to help, and if they aren't buying on the Grand Exchange. They will need to either brew a batch or launch their offer on the exchange and wait for it to complete.
This drink also featured in Construction; players can make cider barrels at level 12 Construction. To do so, the player must have 8 glasses of cider (Calquat kegs won't work), 3 planks and 3 nails in your inventory. A barrel of cider gives an infinite supply of cider, unfortunately it cannot be taken outside the POH (it vanishes).
It is one of the older items in the game that gives a farming boost of 1. Players can use this item to start valuable fruit trees or other crops that they are just under the level for, saving a lot of time and effort. This item can also be used as a boost to meet some quest requirements. However a Garden pie will boost farming by 3, this is made using the Cooking skill. Many newer items will also give a temporary boost.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|The Esoterican Arms||2||Coins||10||Yes|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||84.6%|