During the quest, Larry is taken away forcibly to the motherland by Pescaling Pax. Pescaling then abandons the player on a deserted island. This is the island where the player first encounters Chuck, poorly disguised as a palm tree. After Chuck is spotted and told about his ineptitude at disguises, he remarks Hmmm... We may need to have a meeting about that. To escape the island, Chuck allows the player to ride on his belly to East Ardougne.
Chuck then moves in the polar bear pen in the Ardougne Zoo and takes over the Larry's job in Penguin Hide and Seek. Players can talk to him to get the rewards. Chuck, as he reveals after the quest, is currently keeping an eye out for penguins like Larry normally would. He will also replace your Clockwork book if you lose it, although you can still get one from your house.
- On 10 August 2010, as a hidden update, Chuck was given a second right-click option "Hide-n-seek". However, the option was obsolete, as it required a player to be standing next to him for it to work (something not possible, as Chuck is locked in a polar bear pen). The problem was fixed approximately two weeks after its release.
- Once, back in RuneScape Classic, there was another Chuck in East-Ardougne. He exchanged Willow, Maple and Yew logs for certificates.
- When claiming a reward from the Penguin Hide-n-seek Distraction and Diversion one of the chat options says "Show me the money!" This may be a reference to the movie Jerry Maguire.
- Also, when the mouse is hovered over Chuck, a player can see the left-click option "Talk to Chuck." When paired with the option in later dialogue "Show me the money!" this could be seen as a reference to the investment company Charles Schwab.
- Chuck is partnered with the human Larry, this could be a reference to the 2007 comedy film "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry."
- If you stand on the outside of the zoo fence nearest to Chuck you can still talk/exchange penguin points with him (useful for saving a few seconds walking to him from east bank/teleport location)